Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

EVAP Hey Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Default EVAP Hey Charger

This might be whats wrong with your truck. That is if your still having that problem with it not starting sometimes. I was looking at the Hayes book and came across it. It says the hose or the charcoal canister are usually to blame. It says there is vacuum hoses you should check and the fuses. The charcoal canister is box next to your gas tank. The EVAP purge valve is right in front of your TB. under the intake cover. The vent valve is also near the gas tank.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:17 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: EVAP Hey Charger

Hrm.... that's in the Haynes??? We sell those and the Chiltons. I may have to thumb through one of them monday. Thanks for the heads up Steve. I've still been having the problem so you KNOW it isn't the stinkin fuel pump. I've kinda been hoping it would be the pump and it would just go ahead and die so I could drop a Walbro in there but no such luck... or no such misfortune rather.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 AM

Yeah I was looking thew trouble shooting and seen it. If I can get a hold of a scanner ill post all of what it says and all the pics. If I cant find one by Tuesday ill get this hot chick in the office were I work to do it for me. Ive been trying to find a reason to talk to her anyway.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:19 AM
TruckForum Addict

LOL, dude your married aren't you? Anyway, I can take a look at one of them Monday as soon as I get to work so it's no big deal. I just wouldn't have thought they'd cover that issue so I never looked. If I find the problem and fix it after several technicians I've talked to have been scratching their heads I'm gonna have such a big head.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 AM

Hell No im not married!!! Maybe if I would stay in one place long enough but *** soon as a girl starts talking about love I go to a different job in a different state.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:56 PM

I just fond out you can have it turned off with your tune. If thats the prob. Wow that would be cool killing two birds with one stone.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:50 AM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: rxsteven

I just fond out you can have it turned off with your tune. If thats the prob. Wow that would be cool killing two birds with one stone.
Have what turned off? It seems like I'm missing some huge part of this conversation all of a sudden, LOL!

Old 05-26-2008, 11:12 AM

You can get the EVAP turned off.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: rxsteven

Hell No im not married!!! Maybe if I would stay in one place long enough but *** soon as a girl starts talking about love I go to a different job in a different state.
Check out the big brain on Steve over here!!!

God man, you're taking a page right out of my playbook. When I was stationed in Alaska I got in good with a nice group of girls who seemed fascinated to meet a guy from the 'lower 48'. After a few weeks, I'd made real progress with two of them, but they were having a war between them that only girls seem to be able to do.
Anyways, they both thought that the only way to garner more attention from me was to confess their affections in increasingly sexier increments.

Little did they know, I was flying out at the end of the month.
What a month eh?

One of them somehow tracked me down later though. That was interesting to deal with.

Charger, I'm sorry for the off topic, but it's memorial day. I'm bored.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:01 PM

Yeah Its funny how much hear girls say I love guys southern accent. It got me laid plenty of times.

Yeah im pretty bored myself. I tried to work today but they wouldnt let me. I told them if I had to much free time I might end up in jail. But they gave me the day off anyway. Im going to go fishing later tonight ive been catching some bigass catfish late at night.

Quick Reply: EVAP Hey Charger