Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Default exhausts

i have a 96 silverado with a vortec 350 v8. it is already dualed out. it goes to the end of the truck. i want to do a racing style exhaust system like the nascar crafstmen trucks. i want the style of the crafstmen trucks and a good sound. where is a good web site for the exhaust system?

Old 07-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Default RE: exhausts

do you mean like a side exit system?

Old 07-05-2005, 01:36 PM

yes a side exaust. but i want the tips to look like the crafstmen trucks.

Old 08-12-2005, 06:57 PM

I have a 98 Cheyenne with Vortec 350 and I plan on going with a dual/dual Magnaflow stainless steel muffler and twin side pipes just in front of the back tire on passenger side. Really I think you should just buy a muffler and have a shop install it with pipes.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 AM

For a truly “bad ***” sound. . . I can’t recommend anything other than Borla. If you don’t want a brand new setup, you can look on Ebay motors and get a real bargin. My homie installed a Borla Bullet on his 05 silverado 5.3L and it sounds vicious at higher RPMs but rather quiet at idle.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:18 AM

If your looking for that NASCAR look and sound, go find a set of black exhaust tips from a 94-02 Camaro. There relatively easy to find and cheap. Check with some of the local street racing groups. These guys can usually find anything you need. Get a muffler with a dual outlet and run the pipes in front of the passenger front tire. Looks really cool and sounds great. A pair of good headers would also help you in the power and sound area. As for cats, if they are still flowing well, they'll last a long time as long as nothing starts to fail engine wise. Headers aren't really all that hard to install. If you get ones that bolt up to your factory head pipes, it makes it even easier.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Administrator

hmm..i find that interesting about the borla..ive installed a borl kit on a few vehicles, and i was very unhappy with it...

i do, however, agree with the used camaro exhaust idea..

Old 08-30-2005, 12:55 AM

I'm one of those people who like to mix and match OEM parts to other vehicles. I am wanting to put a set of Impala SS wheels on my 92'. CK Resto has a set of 17's for $799.99 for all four. I'll probably wait a while and let the prices go down. The exhaust tips I really want but really don't have a need for are some of the 35th Anniversary Camaro tips. The exhaust is actually an SLP Performance catback. The tips are wide oval aluminum. They're about 10"-12" wide. I think this would look good on a dropped truck with a weld in roll pan and a small notch taken out of the center of the sheetmetal in the form of the tips. If anyone ever does this and can find a set of these tips, send me a picture.