Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Fog lights opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Beginner
Default Fog lights opinions

Ok guys. I'm looking for opinions on what you think is the best arrangement for installing fog or driving light (depending on what part of the country your from) on my 98 Sierra. I've though about putting a big pair of round lights behind the grill, but don't know if that's best becuase future mods include a billet grille. I am leaning heavier to removing my tow hooks and using the holes in the lower valance. If I go that way, I've thought of two options. Find a set of lights where one light fills up the hole almost completely. Or buy a couple of sets of the smaller rectangular lights and put two of each of those in one hole. Let me know what you guys think and if anyone has pictures because they did the same thing, that would be great to see. And if you have any ideas that I haven't thought of, I'd be happy to hear them.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:56 PM

In my opinion and experience anything below the bumper is just for show,behind the grill might work for driving or spot lights but not good for wide beam fog lights. Above the bumper in front of the grill is the ideal placement for best performance of any spot or fog light.

Last edited by Moomba; 05-10-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 PM
TruckForum Addict

i am mounting mine on my cab
also dont remove the tow hooks you never know when they will come in handy in the mud snow rain sleet or whatever you may run across where you may get stuck
but you could mount them to your bumper also i have seen that done alot here in iowa and the fog lights acts the same as a regular headlight set up as that i mean the width of the beam and length you can see in front of you

Old 05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Beginner

There's not much chance of getting stuck in the mud or snow here in Phoenix but I'll keep it in mind

Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
TruckForum Addict

Put them in the original locations on either side of the bumper in the valance and adjust them. My buddy's 90 model didn't have the driving/ fog lights either until we installed them. He bought the new spoiler and lights from the stealership for like $60. come to find out the lights were adjustable like your headlights are. On my 04 I adjusted my Driving/ Fog lights just as I said about my buddy's truck lights were done.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I personally like the diesel bumpers with the 2 holes with lights installed in there. If done right, it looks factory.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator
Old 05-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Beginner

I found a set of lights valance lights that fits the holes perfectly. I know I'm going for the look, but i want them to function properly. Plus I do do want the tow hooks o truck because you never know whats gonna happen. Is it possible to install them in a reversed position for emergencysituations?

Old 10-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by azjetfighter
I found a set of lights valance lights that fits the holes perfectly. I know I'm going for the look, but i want them to function properly. Plus I do do want the tow hooks o truck because you never know whats gonna happen. Is it possible to install them in a reversed position for emergencysituations?
Where did you get them ? I have the same problem I've Ben trying to replace hooks with fog lights

Old 10-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Administrator

This is an old thread, but try LMC Truck, CarID, or Ebay

Quick Reply: Fog lights opinions