Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

GM boys spreading in this forum.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Default GM boys spreading in this forum.

It seems like the GM crew is spreading like a disease throughout the forum. Lol. Check out the Toyota Tundra Forum. 72Charger and a few others are stirring it up, lol. Typical Chevy boys stirring things up.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Default RE: GM boys spreading in this forum.

That's good fun, but, then they come over here and get everyone bowed up. Segregation may not always be bad.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 PM

Yeah thats true.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:56 PM

hate to break it to u but gm is half owner of toyota now

Old 10-31-2007, 04:02 PM

since when? give us details, this could be good, in a way

Old 10-31-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: racethisz71

hate to break it to u but gm is half owner of toyota now
That would be alright with me as i like to see GM thrive, but i highly doubt it! GM has no money to buy anything and Toyota has. I think it would be the other way around based on profits these two companies make? The only GM/ Toyota kinda connection I know of is Toyota may be working with GM's ex-partner Issusu (cant say or spell it!) to make a "duramax" for the new HD Tundra. Toyota ain't going to share their profits with anyone when they're doing so good on their own! And yes, i chime in on all forums once in awhile to help keep it real, lol!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:16 PM

there is going to be a duramax in a tundra but its the gay duramax the 4.4l. who the **** wants that small thing its like buying a silverado and having the 4.7 in it

Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM

GM ownes alot more than you think. They are not only owners of several other auto manufactures they also own a ton of other manufacturers like General Electric who also owns Ionics (leading water purification systmes). They are also partnered with Isuzu who makes the Duramax for GM, but I don't think GM owns them, I could be wrong tho. I think its just a partnership like Ford and Mazda. I just don't know if GM buys the motors or owns the rights to the Duramax. AND (breathe) Toyota also signed a deal with Catapillar for their upcomming HD trucks. Those will dominate I'm sure just because CATs are like the number one engines for utility and transport companies (with MACK or Cummins in close second, I can't remember which).

Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 PM

jcb, you may want to check your stats on diesel engines in large trucks. Detroit has that market pretty secure. The 60 series is the industry leader, way ahead of cat, cummins, and especially mack, they are down at the bottom. cat has had problems the last couple of years with emissions, barley making it by. cat also states they are an equipment manufacturer first, engine manufacturer second.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 PM

hmmm. all i know is the duramax kicks ***. Most powerful diesel of all the the auto manufacturers today is the Chevy 2500HD with the Duramax and Allison tranny (especially if you chip it).

Quick Reply: GM boys spreading in this forum.