Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

goin badgeless

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Default goin badgeless

i would love to take off a majority of my badges, does anyone know how to do it so it still looks clean but get all that foam gunk off? i would rather just do it myself than have to send it in somewhere to do it.

anyone have any tips for it?

Old 02-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Default RE: goin badgeless

What is holding all the emblems on is a kind of like a heavy duty tape. Yuo can just pull them off and peel the glue away with you fingers. You can try to heat up the glue after but be careful with the paint. Also be carefulnot to make any little dents. I made a lil nice on mine.Peeling the foamy stuff with your fingers will take a while but free.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 AM

Like 04blk said try heating them up a little bit with a hair drier or something like that. It will make the peeling process go by a lot faster. when it warms up around here im going to take mine off to.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Ditto.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:47 AM

i had a 92 buick roadmaster for a previous car and i tried to take off the emblems and after i got off the buick emblem and the foam i still have some left over and it still said buick in black. which actually looked pretty cool cause i had a black roof, but i definately dont want that when it comes to my truck, so when it warms up i'm definately going to try and heat it up this time.

my friend has a shop and a heat gun so i think i might try to do that. i'll let you know once i do it.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:41 AM

a little heat...a nylon stick from an auto store,and wd-40...the wd-40 does not loosen the gunk off the metal,but it keeps it from re-sticking into globs

Old 02-16-2008, 09:47 AM
TruckForum Addict

Go snag a heat gun from a micheal's or a fabric shop... Then, get some Goo Gone and some soft towels and rub the sh*t out of it... Don't let the paint get too hot, or it will blister.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:48 AM

on my brothers Colorado he used a heat gun and a popsicle stick then acetone

Old 02-20-2008, 01:48 PM

i removed emblems and moulding as such:

1. let truck sit in sun for an hour or so.
2. hook fishing line behind moulding/badge.
3. use a sawing motion kind of like how they cut cheese, if you've ever seen that before haha
4. pull tape and gunk off. use an old credit card or something to scrape away if needed.
5. soap and water.
6. buff out because the paint'snot going to be faded under there. take time, it blends nicely. i used mother's brand stuff.

looks good without any mouldings or badges. i still kept "chevrolet" on the tailgate though, it's classic.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:39 PM
TruckForum Addict

You can find some stuff in a can at any auto parts called Graffitti remover. There's other brands but I've used Graffitti remover and it works great. I pulled the factory pinstriping off of my truck and used the Graffitti remover to clean up the tape residue. What would take hours to clean up with soap and water or windex, takes a minute or two with that stuff. I'd try soaking the badges around the edges with it and pry up around the soaked areas.

Quick Reply: goin badgeless