Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

had my trany flussed today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Default had my trany flussed today?

thay charged me 160 some bucks for that and then they hooked it up to see if my trany is slipping or not and it said it wasnt but it still feels like it is man if i find out it is ill be pissed off how can i tell if it is slipping?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Default RE: had my trany flussed today?

flushes suck ill never do that to my truck how could you!!!! How would you like it if someone shoved a hose inside you and flushed you out? Yeah you might be clean in some places, but you would be hurt or messed up in the head from the hole ordeal. The only thing you should flush is the toilet. Thats just my 2 cents sorry for coming down on you so hard but im sure your truck would agree.

SAY NO TO FLUSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM

**** it save the life of ur truck and there was so muck **** that need took out any way and they dont put a house in anything they drop the pan and run fuild true it like when u driving down the rode
so how could u tell me!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 PM

Well the guy I got my truck from flushed mine fight before I piced it up and I had probs. My brother did a trans and coolant flush now Im putting a new trans in his car this weekend and 3 weeks ago I put a water pump on it Thats the last 3 of many ive hearxd bad things about just to give some examples. I have only heard of 1 or 2 people that havent had probs. not saying you will but good luck. And it dosent remove as much as it sturs up. IMO

Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Im thinking about getting my tranny flushed. just to see if it shifts better

Old 03-27-2008, 09:49 PM

I think low pressure transmission flush is fine if the transmission has recieved normal service.

If the transmission has100K on it and has never been serviced then I would not do the flush, just drop pan, change filter and replace the oil that drained out. You can drop pan again in about 10K and replace more fluid, would take you about 3 times to get most all of the fluid changed this way.

However, many times people wait until they think they are have transmission problems to get the transmission serviced. Then later the transmission goes south on them and they blame the flush.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 PM

i agree with wellmax
he is right its not like my trans has never been flushed this is the 2nd time since i owned the truck well the place i got it from did it a week b4 i bought the truck
but i just had the 2nd time done today u cant just go all out when u do it anyway

Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: 1997 chevy

**** it save the life of ur truck and there was so muck **** that need took out any way and they dont put a house in anything they drop the pan and run fuild true it like when u driving down the rode
so how could u tell me!!!!!!!!!!
EEK! I almost deleted this for sanity's sake but I restrained myself. Don't let Major Silva see it.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Yep he's going to freak!!! THE GRAMMAR ****

Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM

[quote]
Status: offline flushes suck ill never do that to my truck how could you!!!! How would you like it if someone shoved a hose inside you and flushed you out? Yeah you might be clean in some places, but you would be hurt or messed up in the head from the hole ordeal. The only thing you should flush is the toilet. Thats just my 2 cents sorry for coming down on you so hard but im sure your truck would agree.

SAY NO TO FLUSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote

After 100,000 miles with no transmission work done I wouldn't do a flush. They aren't BAD BAD, but they don't work well enough. Drop the pain and drain it and replace the filter no matter what, but don't JUST do a flush. It never hurts to clean the coller and lines out with a flush as long as you weren't running factory fluid at like 100,000 miles.

Quick Reply: had my trany flussed today?