Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Default headlights

i'm looking at headlights cause i have always loved the blue looking ones, and i am way too cheap to go and buy actual HID lights. i was wondering what was a cheap replacement OEM light that will give off a blue tint to it. i found a couple on stylintrucks.com and they go for about $25-$30. but i want to make sure it's actually blue.

has anyone bought a specific brand and actually know whether its blue or not?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Default RE: headlights

i have bought the cheap OEM replacements before and was dissappointed.

Dont forget, alot of the time you get what you pay for.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM

I dont know about were your from but around here the blue lights are actually aginst the law. If i were you i would check into that befor you go and buy new lights for your truck.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:02 PM

Sylvania makes "Blue Star" or something like that which has a slight blue tint to it. They are only a little more than normal bulbs. Look at your local auto parts store for them.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:58 PM

They are Silverstars......They have a whitish/bluelish light. I have them in mine and love them. They light up the road great and look really good too. You can get them at walmart or any autoparts store for like 40 dollars a pair.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:43 AM

ya my sister bought those silverstars for her car and they definately look alot brighter and pretty white, but i'm looking for that blue color to it. i definately dont want to go out and buy city lights so i was just looking for a cheap replacement bulb.

as for illegal i think the blue i'm going for is legal. i'm from mass but the only lights that are illegal are other colors like red, purple, green and so on.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 AM

yea I think the blueish you are really looking for is gonna have to be with a HID kit. Those are really expensive. Other than that I am not sure of any lights that there is. I heard that PIAA are really good but dont know how "blue" they really are.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:37 AM

hey cream, i live in mass to and i see people all the time with blue headlights, i kno a friend of mine who has a bmw has them and hes never gotten pulled over for having them

Old 02-18-2008, 10:46 AM

ya i'm almost positive that i can have blue headlights in mass, i dont really care if i cant cause cops usually dont bother, but i think i might have found a set that are actually blue, i'll post an update after i get them.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 AM

they have "cool blue" bulbs (not sure who makes them) that i had in a jeep grand cherokee. they aren't bright at all, but they are blue. i currently have silvania silverstars in my truck. they are bright as f**k. my silvania low beams are better than my stock high beams. they have a little blue tint to them, especially compared to stock. its mostly a very bright white color though.

Quick Reply: headlights