Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Help me pick my next truck

Old 04-15-2019, 08:36 AM
Beginner
Default Help me pick my next truck

Hi everyone, I currently have a 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 double cab. Itís my daily driver (I commute 2 miles to work, lol) and I also haul a 3 horse gooseneck trailer about 500 miles once or twice a month. My truck is great, but Iím wondering if my next vehicle should be a diesel? Current truck occasionally feels bumpy in the transmission when hauling.

Would a diesel be ok to be driven such short distances on a daily basis? Iíve heard they are happier with majority highway miles.

Is the extra expense of purchasing/servicing a diesel worth the gas mileage savings?

Has as anyone felt that a crew cab with long box is harder to park than a double cab/long box? It would be nice to have more cabin room, but I still need to be able to run errands with the truck. I need the 8foot box for hauling.

Is the ride stiffer/bumpier in a 4wd? Iíve found myself in a couple situations recently where more traction would be helpful.

Thanks for your insight!