Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Help!!! Problem possibly w/ brakes suspension trans or differ.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:57 AM
Default Help!!! Problem possibly w/ brakes suspension trans or differ.

I have a wierd thing going on with my 08 Silverado LT 5.3L. When I come to a stop SOMETIMES my truck will feels like it rolls back or drops down in the rear. This only happens when I become fully stopped. Also, sometimes it will do it when I'm just standing still in drive a stoplight. All of a sudden it will "pop" or feel like the brakes are releasing. I don't know whats going on and I don't know what component of my truck it is. It makes a sound like the leaf springs are compressing, but I don't think that is the problem. Has anyone else had this happened or does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks All

Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Default RE: Help!!! Problem possibly w/ brakes suspension trans or differ.

You might be able to shift it into neutral as your coming to a stop to see if its your suspension.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:08 AM

It's an 08? I'd take it straight to the dealership.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:48 AM

My dad has an 07 that does the same thing, I know exactly what you are talking about. I think it is the back brakes doing something but I would be taking it back to the dealer.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
TruckForum Addict

I agree take it to the dealership over and over and over again and if it is still not cured take it to another dealership. On my 04 I was told that the tailshafts develope bures in the grooves and causes it to bind. I have not had it happen yet, but your 08 should not be doing that yet either I would think. That is why you never buy the first few years of a new truck since they have to work the bugs out... and of course you are not suppose to buy the last few years of a truck design also... just like I found out after I bought my 04. Live and learn... Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 PM

That used to be true but now its sometimes better to buy the first couple of years because after that they start doing all kinds of cost reduction and using not so good materials, ect.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM

You're not suggesting that our beloved GM would cut corners b/c of sales are you?!?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:11 PM

OK so I took the truck in today. They have not looked at it yet but they are saying that they have seen the problem I'm talking about and they say it has to do with the Slip Yolk. THey said if they grease it up, it should take care of the problem. We will see, I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the suggestions.