Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Help Us Identify a Hit-and-Run Driver of a White Pickup Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Beginner
Exclamation Help Us Identify a Hit-and-Run Driver of a White Pickup Truck

Hi all,

My name is Paul Min and I am a legal intern at Keating Law Offices in Chicago. We've been retained by a cyclist who was a victim of a hit-and-run incident that has hospitalized him with 23 broken ribs, a punctured lung, a fractured skull, pelvis, collar bone, and shoulder blade. In short, he faced life-threatening injuries.

We were able to secure bank security footage of the hit-and-run but unfortunately identifying the make and model is a task not suited for the layperson. We are reaching out to the experts, the community members of this forum, to help us get justice for this gravely injured man.

Attached, is a screen capture of the bank's camera of the identified vehicle: a white pickup truck with what appears to be a camper shell of the same color. We are working on securing more footage of this crime, but if any Good Samaritans could help us direct our focus as to the make and model of the offending vehicle, our client--only 27 years young--will greatly appreciate any and all help.

For any interested to learn more about the incident, I have also pasted links to local news websites.

Surveillance video reveals bicyclist was victim of hit-and-run - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

Bike Messenger Left in ICU, Parents Seeking Witnesses - DNAinfo.com Chicago

Thank you for your help!

Attached Thumbnails Help Us Identify a Hit-and-Run Driver of a White Pickup Truck-valenta-footage-capture.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Hard to make out the make and model of the truck in the surveillance video. looks like a Toyota or Dodge truck,

Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the tips! A group of local community members have suggested it might be gmc Sierra, Ford Ranger, or an 11th generation Ford f150... would be nice if we could corroborate these hypotheses with some members on here

Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
TruckForum Addict

I think I'm leaning towards a newer style F150 extended cab. I don't know why, but the wheel well configuration seems to remind me of a newer F150.

It's really hard to tell, so really we're all just guessing at this point.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Beginner

Thanks to everyone for their contributions! It means a lot. Apologies for the lack of high resolution in the pictures... that is a problem that we're working on solving.

In the mean time, here are some better still frames of the grille and sideshot of the car.

Thank you again! I will be posting these pictures in the Ford section as well to see if we can get a better idea of the car's make and model.

Attached Thumbnails Help Us Identify a Hit-and-Run Driver of a White Pickup Truck-dustin_valenta_grille.jpg   Help Us Identify a Hit-and-Run Driver of a White Pickup Truck-dustin_valenta_sideshot.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM
TruckForum Addict

Old 02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Beginner

Thanks a lot Nullhead! There was internal discussion of the wheel well shape pointing to a possible Ford ID. Thanks for the contribution!

I have an enhanced 7-frame animated .gif file of the hit-and-run as well. In addition to that the firm has uploaded two videos of the exact moment of impact; one in normal speed and the other slowed down.

http://api.ning.com/files/R7xD32zz-x...Kv/7frames.gif

Thanks again for the assistance! It has been pretty affirming of the goodness of human beings.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Beginner

That looks to be a ford grill as well.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM
TruckForum Addict

I am curious as to why a specific make and model of truck is relevant to the investigation. From what I can see, the truck looks ford, but does it really make a difference if it was a ford, chevy or Toyota vehicle that ran this poor man over? Fact is, he was ran over. Unless you can pin down that vehicle further down the road on a traffic cam or intersection camera.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Beginner

Thanks again everyone!

To answer your question specifically Nullhead, the reason why we want to get as specific as possible is to possibly ID the truck from multiple different camera locations. We are in the process of trying to secure other video footage from that area to bring this hit-and-run driver to justice.

Quick Reply: Help Us Identify a Hit-and-Run Driver of a White Pickup Truck