Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

help w/1993 Gmc ext cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Default help w/1993 Gmc ext cab

Hello, I am looking at a 1993 gmc ext cab (4x4 w/ 151k miles) I am going to probably look at it tommorow, and I am wondering your guys's opinion approx on what it is worth and what to look for when I go to look at it tommorow. (I know the basics, but is there any thing specific?) so the main thing I NEED HELP ON IS WHAT YOU THINK IT IS WORTH APPROX. I asked him some questions about the truck and here is the questions/answers:
How long have yuo owned it?
1 year
Do you know how many owners it has had?
3 including me that I am aware of. Previous owner bought it for his son and they moved to California. They only had is for 3 months I think.
Why are you wanting to sell it?
I bought it for a project truck, but have come to some financial issues and have to sell
What all can you tell me about the truck?
Solid. Has not given me any issues. Only issue which is not inspection necessary is the blower for the air vents. It works but can be replaced for a part that is $50. I just haven’t had a need to until it goes out. A/C and heat work great.
If I would be interested then would it pass inspection or would you be willing to have it inspected prior to me buying it?
Yes, it would and has passed inspection. I can give you the inspection which is good for 60 days to me able to license it yourself
What size engine does it have?
5.7L V8
What type of transmission does it have? Is there any problems with it?
Automatic, NONE!
Do you have any services records on the truck?
None needed, no.
What gear ratio is the rear end?
I don’t know that
Have you pulled any trailers with it?
Yes, 16’ flatbed with mulch. Handles really well.
What was your main purpose using this truck?
Extra work/project truck
What kind of gas mileage does it get?
About 15-18 in city.
How is the interior condition?
Not bad. When I got it, I redid the interior flooring with tan carpet and not red. I added a camo dash, to cover up the red. I also redid the door panels in half camo and half tan carpet to match the floor.
Is there any rust on he truck or dents?
Only rust is on the cab corners. They are repairable unlike some. Some of the clear coat is coming off, but all the color is still there. Nobody damage.
How much tread would you say is on the tires? (And what size/brand tires are they)
Only have about 2,000 miles on brand new tires-I will have to get back to you on the brand/size.
Are the parts on the truck original or have you replaced some, and if so what parts? Like shocks, brakes, exhaust, lift ect ect.
Only thing I have done to the truck have been cosmetic other than oil changes and the lift which was a 3” lift from Summit Racing.
What else can you tell me about your truck?
Runs great, I don’t want to sell it, but sort of have to. It came from a friend’s parents of mine and would like to sell it to someone that will use it.
What is your price range? I really can’t sell for less than $4,000. I may be able to negotiate a little but would have to take out things like the brand new cd player/truck box/bed liner.
(I've seen pictures and its a nice lookin truck) I unfortunatley don't have the pictures right now though.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 PM

I think 4000 is very high for a 1993. I bought my 1998 for 3400. Of couse mine isn't 4X4 but the price seems high. I would give 3000 max for it. There was a 1994 4X4 with a 3-inch lift for sale in my hometown just a few weeks ago that they wanted like 2600 for. You won't see 18 mpg in the city either. Maybe 13 in the city, depending on how big the tires are. But the main thing is: Are you willing to pay 4000 for the truck? Do you like the truck? Do you want the truck? If you say yes to all the above, don't worry about what anyone thinks, you will be the owner.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Administrator

I also would agree that $4000 is pretty high for a truck that old and with that kind of mileage. I paid $2800 for my 92 and it is in IMMACULATE shape

Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 PM

Ok, thank you. Yes, I know it is priced extremley high. I was going to offer around 2200 or so and try to get him right around 25-28. I doubt hel go for it, but it's worth a try.