Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Holy Crap! I have a TBS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Default RE: Holy Crap! I have a TBS!

I think the paint will stick... I just gotta get them as clean as possible. The brake cleaner only got on two of the rims. I really don't want to add another 4-5 hours of scraping to my day. I'm far too lazy for anything else.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 AM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: MajorSilva

I think the paint will stick... I just gotta get them as clean as possible. The brake cleaner only got on two of the rims. I really don't want to add another 4-5 hours of scraping to my day. I'm far too lazy for anything else.
WHAT? And you want us to nominate you for TOTM next month? I spent close to that long prepping my block surface and pistons before putting the head back on my Supra.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Look man, I'm physically destroyed when I get home from work. My energy level is dangerously low, and seemingly only able to commence with the hoisting of 12oz bottles.

My next 'real' day off isn't for another week. Running a company is taxing both physically and mentally. I'll do the best I can with what I've got.[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 AM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: MajorSilva

Look man, I'm physically destroyed when I get home from work. My energy level is dangerously low, and seemingly only able to commence with the hoisting of 12oz bottles.

My next 'real' day off isn't for another week. Running a company is taxing both physically and mentally. I'll do the best I can with what I've got
.[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]
Okay man. I understand.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:21 AM

No worries. Not mad at you, just trying to explain what goes on up here. : )

Old 05-15-2008, 12:41 AM
TruckForum Addict

Yeah I'm just messin with ya anyway. I know how it is running your own business..... and I'll never do it again! It was a good life experience working with my dad and siblings in our tree removal/landscaping business but that is way too much responsibility for one person or even 2 people to endure. Between making sure you have enough advertisement so you get business, to deciding how much your gonna get payed after you pay the underlings and fix whatever else is broken THAT DAY(never mind tomorrow or the next day, LOL!). Mo powa to ya!

Old 05-15-2008, 01:09 AM

Suffice it to say that a lot of money passes through my hands from month to month. Not a whole lot of it sticks though.

I'm half owner of a towing company, and we're running 24/7/365. I'm technically only a 'backup' driver/operator, but I put in a good 10-12 hours a day busting my *** around town, then it's home to deal with another 4-5 hours of paperwork and phone calls. It just never ends. My partner on the other hand, somehow always seems to have more free time and money than I do. Grrrrr.

I figure I'll wait a few more years until the housing market is doing a bit better, then I'll sell both my rentals. I hate being a landlord. It'd be fine if that's all I did, and made it profitable but I can't bring myself to jack the rent up more than I have to. One place I lease for $1745/month, and another I lease for $1520/month. Those just barely cover the mortgages, then I've got my own mortgage to worry about. If I want to retire at 30, I've got to find something else to do.

Sleep time. G'nite.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:00 AM
TruckForum Addict

OH MY GOSH DUDE!! THOSE ARE OUTRAGEOUS MONTHLY PAYMENTS!!! Around here the most expensive rental payment you'll see on even a brand new house is like maybe $900-$1000 max. Most though are not even nearly that high. And to think I thought the people around here were crazy.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:17 AM

The house I live in is nice and my mortgage is roughly $450 a month before taxes, but it is small as hell and has no yard. The house up the street is a POS, the same size and rents for $700 a month. There is a newer 3 bedroom house near where I work that runs $1,250 a month. Then again my uncles apartment in NY goes for $2,500 a month. Its all abouit location and demand. Prices in my POS neighborhood are slowly going up because its near the city and people wanbt to live closer to work with the rising gas prices.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM

$1500-1700/month is about standard for here. There are a few nicer houses that are going for 2500-3000/month, but that's just tantamount to setting fire to a huge stack of money. At least my mortgage payment is paying off the house, and in a few years (18 from now) I'll own the damn thing.

Quick Reply: Holy Crap! I have a TBS!