Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Honesty From Chev Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Default RE: Honesty From Chev Owners

I also own an 02 siverado, and personally believe that your #1 and 3 problems are just on your truck. I agree with the squeeking, but the tailgate on mine is invincable to my standards, and also the inst. lighting is more than good. I do agree with some parts of the ford though. Me and my friend had a mudding contest in a chevy 5.3 and a ford 5.4. Ford smoked me in the waist high mud, but in the street I was much faster, and we seemed to climbVERY steep hillsat about the samerate and difficulty. Ilove my chevy and would not trade it in for anything else.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:08 AM

Hi everyone! This is my first post, but what better way to start then by explaining how much I love my Chevy. I own a 2001 Ext Cab 4x4 Silverado with the 5.3L.

With that said, I have owned 7 Chevrolet trucks in my time and all of them have been solid.As with anyvehicle, minor incidents will occur, but in respect to daily driving, Chevrolets lastlonger than Fords. Please don't get me wrong, I think Ford has produced some amazing trucks, but as far as longevity is concerned, Chevrolet wins most of the time. Remember, I am speaking in regards to daily driving and not off roading. When off roading, mechanicalmalfunctions can occur and it doesn'tmatter what make oftruck you have. Today, with a family and budget concerns, my offroading as decreased considerably, because to play, you got to pay!

On a final note, I havehad no problems with my current truck and am very pleased.As far as the new Chevy's are concerned, I can not say first hand because I do not like the body styles. However, one of my closest friends as just recently purchased a 2007 Ext CabZ-71 and he loves it. If you enjoy your Ford, stick with it! But if you ever decide to get a Chevy, you will enter a world of endless horizons.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:07 AM

Have you driven a Ford lately? Everytime I go to the big Auto Show in Milwaukee, I go through and slam the doors to feel how things are built. Fords feel cheap. I owned an 04' Mach 1 Stang and everything feels like its made from the cheapest materials possible. Had a 95 Z28 at the time also and it felt much more solid. I never read about this when the Auto magazines review them. I can't believe they just overlook this.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 PM

Just my opinion, I bought a 2007 ext cab silverado classic short box 4x4 with the 4.8l about two months ago. I love the hell out of this truck. Big complaint that I have found through my short time of driving this truck is the lack of braking power.

My last ride was a 99 ranger with a 3.0l V6 4x4. Man what an underpowered engine. Interior was very basic it was an xlt package. I loved the truck after I fixed it up a little and the little bastard fit 33's on it stock just had to wrench on the torsion bars a little. Biggest complaints I have about the truck is for some reason I chunked a rear end on the truck at 82,000 miles. U should know this was in early 2005. I drove the truck very little. Wasn't much off road either. I dumped on the chevy dealer with 88,000 miles on it. I am very glad I did. Ford interiors are very plain to me.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM

I also do not like the ford interior. As far as your brakes are concerned, that suprises me. I ahve no brake problems at all, even hauling my boat it stops without issue. I notice very little diffrence with the boat loaded or unloaded, and the same with all trailers I have towed. The only problem I have is with a heavy trailer going uphill, if under 80 it will go to go to second gear which is annoying. If I would have gone with 4.10 gears, this would be a nonissue.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Smoke it honestly just might be in my head too. Last truck was a stick and I always downshifted well except for first gear. I haven't had an automatic vehicle in like what six years. The downshifting might be what was making the difference to me. Let me just say that the truck stops fine. It just feels like I have to push down too far on the pedal to come to a stop from 45mph or so. Also this thing is a whole lot more truck than I am used to. A long ways off from a ranger ya know!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:12 PM

yeah, you are carrying twice the weight, and not being able to downshift will make a hige difference.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:17 PM

I dunno some new three piston calipers would be sweet though. Ehh that's a mod for another day though. I do believe that I will put them on when I lift the truck and run with 35's.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 PM

I would definately upgrade the brakes if going to 35s. I had 35s on my 93 with stock brakes, and I wore out rotors and drums like mad. No issue so far with 33s on my 05'

Old 04-24-2007, 02:40 AM

hey guys as you see i have an 07 Classic 1500 Z-71..well my problem is, everytime i get on it, i do wheelies, and it is pissing me off....what can i do?? lmao...on a real note the Ford, Chavy and Dodge are GREAT trucks, i was born and raised a GM guy, but my family has had countless dodge and fords in the the past, and the only one that gave us WAY tom any problems was my step fathers 2000 dodge 1500 4x4.......1st, the tranny overheated and blew a seal...ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE DEALER!! BRAND NEW!! 2nd, the rear wheel seals went out like 3 times, 3rd the head gasket went around 30k..4th the driveline went at around 35k or so, and that is why he traded in, so as for me..ford or chevy, but no more Dodge!

Quick Reply: Honesty From Chev Owners