Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Horse Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: Horse Power

It USED to be PCM4less.com, but now it is PCMforless.com. Dunno why it changed...

Old 01-16-2007, 03:03 AM

Should you want to spend a few thousand on your truck and not worry about spending mony for crap, I can state that the following upgrades work and generally Kick *** on many so called factory Hot Rods. The following is from a post I put up last Nov.
If I could offer advice for the best perf upgrades I have found after spending much wasted money on , HERE THEY ARE and they worked for ME. You should have your own ideas that should be respected here; these are listed to save you some cash of which I have wasted a ton of.
My 00/Z71 w/ Trailer Pkg - posi 4:10 rear; Dyno'd at rear wheels #1 367bhp #2 362bhp

1.) GMF MAF - Bought # 002 from JR when people were laughing at its worth over at LS1.com - I have had it reprogrammed/replaced by JR 4 times since for upgrade mods.
2.) Headers - Gibs - B&B - Borla - Edelbrock - JBA - They are all the same !@!
3.) Magnaflow FreeFlowing Cats w/y pipe &Flomaster Delta 40 for myCat back sys ( I have Borla on my C5, B&B on my Z28ss _ most dyno increase fromFlowmaster 40 Series- As for Bassani - I grew up with the brothers in Fullerton. They were awesome for my MX racing bikes back in 1969-77 - Their current x-pipe muf is nothing more than a Corvette Muf wannbe. There great guys so be nice..
4.) MSD Coils + Screaming Demon Coil + Dynamod+ 8.5 wires
7.) Flexfan - Hear your 5.3 Spool up like never before PLUS an honest 7-10 hp
8.)Pulley reduction - get a 105 amp Alternator first.
9.) Air induction - they are all the same as K&N even the so called Ram Air. Just open up the side hole in the front quarter panel.
10.) BBK 80mm TB
11.) TB Bypass
12.) Double Platium Plugs set at .60
13.) Helix Power Tower/Spacer - THIS SOB REALLY WORKS !@@! NS
14.) Demon Programmer - I know Hypertec is the fav BUT !@! the HP from the Demon is over 10hp more PLUS - you can CLEAR ANY AND ALL CODES - correct fuel pressure +/- and save your Tranny and Torque Converter with modulation <- this is important. There are 6 other mods that are not offered in any other programmer.
15.) This is the expensive one and seems redundant. GET A RE-PROGRAMED PCM - DUMP THE HANDHELD JUNK unless like me, you don't want to have to pay the Dlrshp to clear codes every time you do an upgrade (which they won't unless you can show a CARB #, in Calif).
You have a Goodguy REP here, use him if he is in your area or if he will ship. I went with Tom at Tbyrne Motorsports for my Truck only. (Steve Cole did my other cars) I used Tbyrne because of the real crazy **** that he can do LIKE
1.) When you hit your Tow/Haul it bumps the HP up 10-15+hp plus puts your entire drive train in Full Race mode - I can only say that the second gearchirp you may get from a hand held is nothing like the TIRE SPINNING KICKOUT my rear-end offers me WHEN I HIT SECOND GEAR (second gear shifts at 91 mph. That is near TRAP SPEED for a stock 07Silverado in a 1/4 mile run.
14.) -> IMPORTANT !@! If you going to do all this - Get a set of ProComp Traction Bars or anything similar. You will be putting immense spin on your Rear End which = snaping U-Joints. I have both the Procomp TBs and Airlift air bags in the rear

Please don't take my advice personal if your path has taken you elsewhere. I respect any and all racers and/or non-girly men who just want some umph. If your towing a boat (mine stays in Vegas at my Sis/in/Laws house), watch your mods, especially the PCM replacement. If you plan on alternating fuel pressure or timing curves, get some solid advice. Detonation is just a button away. Thanks for humoring me by reading this but trust this; what I have works for me something fierce.
I know many of you guys have kids and/or tuition and/or a big Mortgage, maybe all the above. I'm 52 and all that is past me. I offer this as simple guideline to what has taken a 290hp truck to a MacDaddy killer [

Old 01-16-2007, 09:04 PM

I noticed you have "#7 flexfan". Is this an actuall mechanical flex fan, or an electric fan? Questioning because Ive never heard of getting that much power out of a fan. Thanks

Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 AM
TruckForum Addict

Totally agree with this dude[sm=exactly.gif]