Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

HOT SILVERADO.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Default HOT SILVERADO.

HHey Guys. Here a truck we did awhile back

It has a Longtravel CST Lift. Walker Evans Race Beadlocks on BFG Projects. Glassworks Fenders and flared bedsides. We built the bumper here and will be doing a rear bumper, rear suspension and a tire carrier this week..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Default RE: HOT SILVERADO.

nice truck, do they let you on the street

Old 12-05-2006, 03:26 AM

nice truck, i have a 90 silverado with 70 firebird hood scoops, they are real simular layout to what you have but they dont standout as much as those do , that is what im looking for. can you send some info on that style of hood? the shape of the hood is different than mine but im wondering if they make that style hood for mine? im going to open them up to make functional for more air flow, run hinges so they close when parked. what do you guys think of running that system? my main concern was the flow of fuel getting blown around in the throttle body,what you think? itl be properly screened in of course

Old 12-05-2006, 10:15 AM

You know, that looks better than the last pics that showed up either her or at another hub. You are getting closer and closer to a "Baja," Trophy runner. You get a big 10' for class and an even larger G' for Gutsy. You've taken some aftermarket parts that just might look out of place on another truck and made them work, very well. I only hope you make the effort to get to Moab or maybe to Parker 400 (the old Mickey Thompson Firecracker 400) or even go to San Felipe and take the back run for the Baja 1000 run just to highway 3 (it takes you righ over the center of Baja through farm land) where you can hop over into Ensenada to depress all the wanabees that hang out at Papas N'Beer; after you have run the sht out of it, kick'N *** and taking names.
Well done guy; a real true representation of what the guys at Sema had in mind when they put the parts out for general public use. Nowhere do I see gaudy or excess, just tastefulness
KuDoS Sir Racer.
Greek

Old 12-10-2006, 02:44 PM

It looks good but, those tires make it look odd. It looks like it could be a major off road vehicle, but then the tires look like its a everyday driver, something the wife would go pick up the kids from school in. Im not saying the truck is bad, it does look really nice, i just think it looks odd with those tires.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-10-2006, 07:49 PM

You must have one cool wife if shes driven on tires like that. Awsome truck. I like the choice of tires. Makes the truck a real driver

Old 12-11-2006, 12:31 AM

Nice looking truck. I prefer a taller looking truck myself, but this looks like a sand dune truck. Are the hood scoops functional are just for show? Also do they make adifference if they are functional?

Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 PM

I THINK THAT HOOD IS DEFINITLY FUNCTIONAL. YES IT MAKES A DIFFRENCE. COMPANIES LIKE" KEYSTONE HOODS" MAKE A RAM AIR KIT FOR THE HOOD. IT BASICLY FORCES AIR INTO THE INDUCTION SYSTEM. THAT IS ONE BADDASS HOOD.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:36 PM

Nice, just searched this one up and had to bring her back!

I'm actually looking into some of the front GlassWorks Unlimited fenders, but mine would be slightly different, for an '02 Sierra. I think I like those for the '04 Silverado a bit better though, but that's not what I got.
Haha, sometimes I almost wished I had a 2WD so I could go with long travel wide-track more easily, cheaper too, but then again, not really, esp. with where I live.

JD Fab makes a badjazz long travel kit for the 4WD, but just a matter of funding the insanity, haha.

WHat ended up being done to the rear? Deaver under springs? what? Did you widen the track out back too and go with the bedsides?

Very clean build, esp. for being a 2006 thread here!

oh, almost forgot to ask, what is the height on those BFG Projects? 35, 37, what? I don't want to go with a 37, but I'm just wondering what it would look like with the slightly smaller tire height on a runner like that....

Old 02-09-2009, 08:05 PM

That kind of modified truck is great for off-roading, just replace the tires.

Quick Reply: HOT SILVERADO.