Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

I GOT BEATEN GUYS... not a good night... read this and comment please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Default I GOT BEATEN GUYS... not a good night... read this and comment please...

Hi guys, last night i was crusin in town, then i found a friend driving a 2000 chevy silverado 4.8L stepside single cab, then he start giving me crap, that he could beat me easily, then i thougt, he must added a CAI or something and he doesnt know that i have some performance upgrades and he thinks he can beat me, so i accepted and went to a lonely road to race him, but oh [:@] what a sorprise... I was racing with the 4wd on in 1st and 2nd gear, so that my truck wouldnt spin the tires, and it worked out, i was ahead of him 1st and 2nd gear, but theeeen..... i saw that ugly yellow truck driving by me like a raped monkeey... and he beat the **** out of meee..... we raced twice and happened twice... he beat me... so i say; he must have NOS or something in his 4.8L, then we stopped with a couple of friends, and he told me... i told you i could beat you... i asked him how did he made his truck that fast... he answer... i put a escalade's 6.0L engine, headers, custom dual exhaust, BBK throttle body, CAI, FAST FLASH programmer, AND POSI.... then is when i found why did he beat me... then he told me, he did beat a SRT10 truck from a highway patrol officer in quarter of mile... im couldnt believe him, but the other friends told me he did beat the SRT10.... well.... all i can assure you guys is that he beat me......

Old 04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Default RE: I GOT BEATEN GUYS... not a good night... read this and comment please...

I bet a 6.0L in a single cab would be pretty nasty. Sorry you got beat brother. I hate getting beat because it makes me want to spend more money to get faster.[:@] On the bright side, at least you didn't lose to a Ford!

Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Default RE: I GOT BEATEN GUYS... not a good night... read this and comment please...

Hmm at least you didn't race for pinks right?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 AM

you are right buddy, that thing was hauling ***.. very fast... and thats true... when someone beat you, you want to spend more money in upgrades.. thats the bad thing about losing... but.. i guess thats the way it is.. talk to you later..

Old 04-30-2007, 01:23 AM

Sounds like it's time for a cam and nitrous

Old 04-30-2007, 09:50 PM
TruckForum Addict

SRT-10's aren't as bad-*** as everyone says, either. The four doors run the 1/4 in 15.3. Guess they need traction and gears.