Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Installed my TBI spacer last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Default Installed my TBI spacer last night

I'm impressed. I got the Trans Dapt torque curve ...nice low-mid acceleration (which is what I was looking for), no whistle, etc. etc.

As it's been said before on this site - best mod ...especially for the price.

Install was very easy since I already did the throttle body coolant by-pass ...took about 15 minutes and that includes the time to clean my throttle body.

Thanks for the idea guys.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Default RE: Installed my TBS last night

I wonder if my 5.7 will have similar results from a TBS?? I know it will help but will it be the same amount of gains that you guys are gettin' out of your 5.3's?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Default RE: Installed my TBS last night

For $50-$60, it's probably worth a shot.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Default RE: Installed my TBI spacer last night

Trans-Dapt Torque
Any change in gas mileage on this type of mod?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM

The web site claims there is an improvement ...but I haven't had it installed long enough to tell. I know Smoke20 mentioned that if he wasn't so heavy footed, he would have seen some gains. ...He installed the smooth bore TBI.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:25 PM

i started driving faster and got the same mileage, so i guess that means it does improve mileage

Old 09-06-2007, 02:42 PM

I attempted to install my Trans Dapt TBS earlier today, but I already have the K&N Intake kit on my truck. the intake tube was already rubbing the fan shroud so there was no room for the tbs unless i did major cutting on both the fan shroud and intake tube. I decided it wasnt worth the risk of ruining my other parts so i will be sending my tbs back to JC Whitney.

Since I had the hood up, I decided to change my spark plugs and descreen my MAF sensor. I replaced the AC Delcos with E3 Diamond Fires. I dont know if they are any good but I wanted to try them out. About $7 per plug at Advance Auto Parts w/5 year warranty. By the way, descreening the MAF was super easy- i used only a flathead screwdriver and pryed at the edges and it popped right out. Can you guys tell a difference after descreening? I havent driven much yet so i cant tell

Old 09-06-2007, 04:38 PM

I have a 91 silverado i wonder if a TBS would help me get some more HP out of it. also should i go with a smooth bore or with something else?

Old 09-06-2007, 04:51 PM

I was confused as to which Trans Dapt TBS to get too. I ended up buying the smooth bore but once I read the actual box it came in i understood the difference. It says this on the side of the box:

"Torque Curve- greatest performance gains from any spacer.
Wide Open
-for mid to high end gain, often used for towing.
Smooth Bore-economical, mild performance upgrade, typical torque increases of 10-15% and fuel economy improvements up to 8%. "

So Torque Curve is the way to go and is a few dollars more, although the other two are not bad. All of them claim No Whistle.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM

Yes, gpet6669. You'll notice a significant gain. I noticed a significant gain on my 91' 5.0 and that was a dog of a motor.

Quick Reply: Installed my TBI spacer last night