Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

JC whitney sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Default JC whitney sucks!!!

i ordered my Throttle body spacer on march 25th. it said it would be deliverd in 7 business days. Yesterday the thing said it would ship out April 8th, today it says april 12th. Man they suck compared to summitt or Jegs.

well i guess i cant complain to much i supposedly got free shipping but we will see on that.

i was hoping to get it installed and drive a little before going to Cali on the 8th but i guess thats out of the question now. just will have to wait.

have a good one.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Default RE: JC whitney sucks!!!

Keep in mind that things are nuts with shipping contracts and parcel companies right now cause of this diesel price strike.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Cant keep it in mind because i hadnt hear of a diesel price strike. whats going on?
i dont watch the news very often, usually nothing good on it.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM

Oh. Well 4.29 a gallon pissed off a ton of shipping and trucking companies and some are stiking or cutting down there shipments and stuff like that. So now other companies are taking up the slack. I might not effect UPS and Fed Ex and stuff directly. But they are taking a hit too.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:29 PM

I got the Air Raid TBS from them and delivery was on time and great. I would give them another chance, It could very well be that strike. By the way where abouts in Cali?

Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 AM

My girlfriend has a confernece she is going to in long beach so that is where we are heading. its a vacation for me not so much for her.

yea gas prices suck. Clinton, Osama, opps i mean Obama, Bush, Mcain all want to "feel" for the plight of the average americans struggle with gas prices but they dont want to give up their 4th or 5th home, the millions of dollars they make to help us out. but the do want to raise taxes, yea thats really going to help me. VA is considering revoking the driver abuse penalty fees they just past and increasing the gas tax. yea wonderful and i get a 3% raise when gas and food go up 70%.

sorry just had to vent about our worthless govt officials. Man im starting to sound like a dirty hippie. let me go take a drag run in the ole Z71 to steer me away from that

Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 AM

Yeh, raise taxes to offset the price of fuel. That will fix everything!!!!!!! Pay more in taxes and pay less in fuel, where am I going to save money on this deal??

Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 AM

If you really wanna be pissed off. Research the rising fuel cost problem on the web. From what I gather, the oil companies here in the US are only doing like a little over half the processing they can actually do. Like if they can pump out 150 barrels a day they are only doing 90 and then jacking up the price. So now it costs less to manufacture the fuel but they are making more per barrel. Now add that to the fact that the oil producers in the middle east keep raising the price of oil by basically doing the same thing as the US refineries (producing less and charging more) all while we are spending next to nothing on research to find "other means" to fuel our vehicles. And THAT is due to oil companies paying off the right people in powerful political positions.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 PM

I am just going to quit thinking about this right now, before I get really pissed off!

Old 04-07-2008, 01:04 PM

yea but i read somewhere that like 9% of the price of gas is for "marketing". WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont need to be marketed on something that i have to F*ck*ng have.
the united states has enough oil to last our current consumption for like 75-100yrs or something but there have been no new refineries built since the 70's, the epa makes them jump through so many hoops that the gas companies cant see a "profit" in building new ones. so what do they do:
they take our harder to refine oil, sell it over seas for an A**load of money, then they buy already refined gas and sell it to us for an A**load of money. so they are making an A**load of money and we are losing an A**load of money. thank you US government. Go Hilary, Go Osama, i mean Obama, when one of them wins then we will have $5/gal gas. then the hippies win cause no one can afford to drive. not even 50mpghybrids.

sorry had to vent. tired of bleeding money

Quick Reply: JC whitney sucks!!!