Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

In it for the long haul...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default In it for the long haul...

Well you guys would have been disappointed in me but I started to trade my truck in the other day. The gas mileage is killinme and I have not been able to get a second vehicle that gets better gas mileage. But long story short I have too much negative equity on my truck and the payments were gonna be too high no matter where I went. So I am pretty much with this truck for life or until it's paid off.

I need to save up some money and get a cheap Civic or something though.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Default RE: In it for the long haul...

dude.. get a moped.. they get crazy gas mileage... stay away from a motorcycle theresnot too much gas savings there with a fist full of throttle.. a moped will be cheap and cheaper in the long run.. Look gay as hell when your not in the EU, but oh well...

Old 10-06-2008, 01:10 PM

I am in the same boat. Thats why I am getting off my *** to fix the Geo since I have been putting it off. I figure the truck shouldn't depreciate like mad again if its sitting in the garage. Also going to get my cab corners fixed and the bottom of the truck coated for $500. I am glad she is running well, cause much like the girlfriend, I am stuck with her!

Old 10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
TruckForum Addict

Okay a moped!
Ahhh I will stick with my streetbike... as soon as I get the carbs back together. My friend harasses me about having a Jap bike and I harass him about his Harley Davidson. And he really hangs his head when I out run him with a Jap bike, get better gas mileage and on top of it all it is paid for.
But a moped... I can not hang my head that low... I might as well let my Buddy whoop me on his Harley...lol
On a serious note a moped is a good MPG getter and a 500cc will run 95 MPH stock. I wonder what a few mods will do for it... just leave the half helmet with the BAD TO THE BONE sticker on it at home....lol
I am stuck with my truck too... so I am hoping to finish my carbs this weekend to get it up and running again.
Oh yeah I did get unleaded down here for $3.02 a gallon yesterday!
On the Road again! I can't wait to get on the road again.... oops time to put the beer down. I got Willie Nelson floating in my brain cells now.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 PM

This is why I drive my Saturn! 35mgps and most reliable car I have ever owned.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM

I agree. I have a 1994 Saturn with 200,000 miles and still gets 40 mpg highway!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 AM

ya'll save that gas...it leaves more for me!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:53 AM
TruckForum Addict

I thought about a moped but I here the between the snow and the roads iceing over here in west Tennessee, nobody can ride a bike during the winter. I've been wanting to make a corner carver project out of a rice burner anyways so I am planning on going with a cheap Civic or something along those lines. Only problem is things have really slowed down at work so I'm making like close to half as much as I was making when I started. Sucks, but such is life.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:13 PM
TruckForum Addict

What part of Western Tennessee are you located? I understand the winters there since I was stationed there for 3 years at Fort Campbell.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:18 PM

yeah i never thought i'd give in to an econo car but i got a little 92' bmw 325i. paints chaulked out and the exhaust half fell off, but 30 mpg vs my truck doin about 9. its all good though i got the windows tinted out so people cant see me in it

Quick Reply: In it for the long haul...