Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering my New GMC questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Beginner
Default Lowering my New GMC questions

I definitely want to lower my new truck after i get it hopefully within the next few months. I will get 22 inch wheels ordered from the factory most likely, or will check online for prices and maybe buy the wheels and have them shipped to factory or put on at dealer. I'm not sure how much I will lower it, but I do want it leveled and maybe with about 4-6 inches of space from top of wheel to fenderwell.

How many inches are there for factory height of the SLE, SLT's from wheel to fenderwell?

What would be the best/cheapest, and overall best efficient and lastability way to go that will last a long long time with no problems way to go as far as lowering it and what all things would need to be done immediately upon lowering , i.e. alignment, ect?

Thanks for all that reply

Old 03-09-2012, 07:48 PM

in my opinion buddy i would bag it its way easier its cost efficient an it last a hell of a lot longer then a spring/block kit but thats just my opinion.also if you do bag it you can make them 22's lay out nicely with no gap at all an you can control the ride height hope this helps you any questions ask i have had many bagged trucks an i have a play truck its a 96 s10 bagged on 20's an lays out nicely i currently have a 01 silverado thats lifted an have some other things done to it ttyl-pat

Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by 01liftedsilverado
in my opinion buddy i would bag it its way easier its cost efficient an it last a hell of a lot longer then a spring/block kit but thats just my opinion.also if you do bag it you can make them 22's lay out nicely with no gap at all an you can control the ride height hope this helps you any questions ask i have had many bagged trucks an i have a play truck its a 96 s10 bagged on 20's an lays out nicely i currently have a 01 silverado thats lifted an have some other things done to it ttyl-pat
sorry, but i dont know what u mean by bag it lol.

I guess I'm a noob when it comes to lowering trucks. I have my stang lowered with eibach springs

Old 03-10-2012, 05:53 AM

Who in the he11 lowers a truck...you're certainly in the minority

Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM

by bagging it i meant air ride suspension with a canti lever set up in the back you can check out this stuff at thornebeck.com or simply type in air suspension parts on google let me no if you need help with anything -pat

Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by GMC2011
Who in the he11 lowers a truck...you're certainly in the minority
Uncalled for and very stupid! No one on this forum is going to tell you what to do with ur vehicle(s), so chill out. He mainly wants it leveled, which is what alot of folks do to their trucks even after lifting it. Next time read the post better guy.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by nyg052003
I definitely want to lower my new truck after i get it hopefully within the next few months. I will get 22 inch wheels ordered from the factory most likely, or will check online for prices and maybe buy the wheels and have them shipped to factory or put on at dealer. I'm not sure how much I will lower it, but I do want it leveled and maybe with about 4-6 inches of space from top of wheel to fenderwell.

How many inches are there for factory height of the SLE, SLT's from wheel to fenderwell?

What would be the best/cheapest, and overall best efficient and lastability way to go that will last a long long time with no problems way to go as far as lowering it and what all things would need to be done immediately upon lowering , i.e. alignment, ect?
Thanks for all that reply

Depending how much it takes to lower the rear, you can start with shackles then hangers. Doing this will not require an alignment, only if you raise or lower the front.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by RUFFNECK4LYFE
Uncalled for and very stupid! No one on this forum is going to tell you what to do with ur vehicle(s), so chill out. He mainly wants it leveled, which is what alot of folks do to their trucks even after lifting it. Next time read the post better guy.
i didnt say anything at first cause i really didnt take offense to it and still not. But it never fails, every forum I ever went to, it was always " One " lol. NOw I'm sure there are more too, but it starts with one.

I mean, I could have easily said, who the hell wants there truck 80 ft in the air to where you need an elevator to get to it lol. And thing is, I have had an s10 since 99, bought used. Never messed with the height. I dont like that slammed look , nor the in the sky look. What i do like, is a nice leveled truck and not showing all that too much gap between the fenderwell and tire. I really dont like small tires and rims on trucks either, mainly larger truck, crew cab, work truck.

but to each their own

Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 PM

Ok, so I hurt some feelings on here. Unintentional...but I just never understood why someone would want to lower a pickup truck. I have never saw this done were it looks good...EVER.

I will create a poll to see what the consensus is on this subject.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by GMC2011
Ok, so I hurt some feelings on here. Unintentional...but I just never understood why someone would want to lower a pickup truck. I have never saw this done were it looks good...EVER.

I will create a poll to see what the consensus is on this subject.
feelings werent hurt at all. Had this been my first time on a forum, I might have went off. I learned my lesson on some other forums, as to it really doesnt pay to argue to people to whom you dont know anything about.

so getting opinons from many then ultimately forming your own with help of people is what I value. I really dont care to get into the who likes it dropped who doesnt, to each their own. Rather i like mine lowered only maybe some inches to avoid it looking like thers a foot of space and really small tires or slammed, it ultimately falls on whos paying for the vehicles. Being that i will have 22's, I might actually like how it looks as i saw a denali last nite that looked fine and they come with 20's.

Quick Reply: Lowering my New GMC questions