Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Default mods

i dont mean to keep on bugging you guys but what kinda mods should i start out with i already got the cold air intake on the way im getting dual exhaust not sure what kind yet and im shooting for a new computer but what else can i get under the hood
what kind of difference can i get out of an oil catch can

Old 02-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Default RE: mods

I do not know the rules in cali. but there are many upgrades available. CAT, throttle body spacer, wires, plugs, headers, exhaust, etc. How fast doyou want to go, and what is your budget? We can help you go as fast as you want and help you make smart decisions along the way.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 AM

I agree 100%! It's all what you want to spend.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:19 PM

at this point im on a low budget im gonna start with cold air intake and dual exahaust and an oil catch can but id like to see what else i can do so i can start looking for good deals

Old 02-27-2007, 04:14 PM

The thing to remember is not to become over zealous and buy cheap products on impulse. Trust me, it has happen to me before! You want every damn performance mod known to man and you want it now, but buying cheap crap will just cost you more money in the long run. It sounds like you're off to a good start. CAI and exhaust is a great way to start. Let us know how everything goes.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:09 AM

actually i just got my cold air intake in today and i absolutely love it i know its my first mod and its a small mod but i dont care im like a kid again gotta start some where right apreciate it guys

Old 02-28-2007, 02:45 PM

next check out a low temp thermostat they're relatively cheap. Also lookin the past threads, there is a great one with lots of cheap mods you can do.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:10 PM

YOU ARE DEFINITLY ON THE RIGHT PATH. I AGREE WITH THESE GUYS DONT GO WASTING MONEY, MAKE A LIST OF THE THING YOU WANT AND GO FROM THERE. THIS SHOULD HELP YOU BUY THE RIGHT PARTS. A COMPLETE EXHUST IS ALWAYS FIRST. INTAKE, HEADERS CATS, MUFFLER. I AM NOT A FAN OF THE HAND HELD PROGRAMMERS. I HAVE USED HYPERTECH AND SUPERCHIPS AND THEY DIDNT GIVE ME THE POWER I AM LOOKING FOR THIS MAY SOUND LIKE A LITTLE MUCH, BUT CAMSHAFT, LIFTERS, ROLLER ROCKERS, VALVE SPRINGS, PUSHRODS, RETAINERS ( OR A SET OF ASSEMBLED HEADS $$$) I HAVE DONE THIS TO MY TRUCK AND AM EXTREMELY HAPPY. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 5 MONTHS OF PUTTING MONEY ASIDE, BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO GO THIS ROUTE, AFTER THE WORK IS COMPLETE BRING THE TRUCK TO A REPUTABLE DYNO SHOP. THEY WILL TUNE THE TRUCK FOR YOU. IT SOUND LIKE ALOT OF MONEY BUT COMPARE THE COST TO WASTING MONEY ON GIMICK PARTS. KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR MODS AND GOOD LUCK

Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yup...

What I suggest: Free stuff. Descreened MAF, thermal pad removal (two pads located under your intake manifold and above your lifter valley, one in front and one in the rear. Removal of these creates an "air gap" effect.), throttle body bypass, remove your engine cover, Royal Purple fluids, Water Wetter, raising your hood bumpstops up...

Then, move on to the other things, CAI, 160 degree thermostat,headers(hooker longtubes and a y pipe), dumped exhaust, Custom computer tune...

Handheld programmers suck. Unless you have a diesel...
Use Chevron premium and the fuel system cleaner and fuel injector cleaner they make. Find it at parts store.

Oil catch can? Don't waste your money.

After you do this stuff, the only problem you'll have trying to go fast will be traction.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:51 PM

sounds like a plan guys i dont know what half the stuff u just said is but ill find out thanks

Quick Reply: mods