Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Moving the battery??? ...and MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:48 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default Moving the battery??? ...and MAF???

I was thinking about fabbin' up a nifty little air intake once I get my electric fans in... I want to put my MAF sensor right in front of my throttle body. From there, get a t-shaped pipe (kind of like this polished piece... http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-3...ower-duct.aspx ), and add on some more pipe and silicon connections and put a cone-style filter behind each headlight...I could also make little insulated walls around the filters to keep theincoming air cool...Maybe remove my headlights at the track for some good air...Now this also raises the question of where I could put my battery... I was wondering if I could put the battery behind the coolantoverflow tank.... Anyideas??? Sugesstions???

Old 07-07-2007, 08:18 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: Moving the battery??? ...and MAF???

This would be really cool, but despite its attractiveness I gotta ask myself if our engines really need that much air.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:01 PM

you could get a boat battery box and throw it in the bed. or just that box and have it protected and something to mount pretty much anywhere. i see this alot with moved batteries. just a thought....

Old 07-08-2007, 12:08 AM

haha I was looking at my truck this afternoon and thought the same thing. My beef was the alternator, but i didn't look that far into it. Has anyone cut the top of the factory air box out and mounted a small filter in the top also. I've seen people do it for quads but I haven't seen any filtertopped airboxes for the trucks.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:49 PM

like an open filter with a top to it?

Old 07-08-2007, 05:04 PM

I cant really explain it to well, but where the ribs are inthe top of the box, cut that section out and silicone or seal a little 3"x5" air filter there.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:21 PM

oh ok i see

Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
TruckForum Addict

My buddy has a YFZ 450 that he did it to... You'd be the first...

Old 07-11-2007, 01:41 AM
TruckForum Addict

So... Figured it out... I need a battery tray from a Duramax with dual batteries... I can put it behind the coolant tank... Shweet...

Old 07-11-2007, 04:34 AM

i have actually seen the move of the battery as you are talking about..a buddy of mine did it to his 02 5.3 because of a procharger install...we used a duramax box and it fit fine, just have to extend a bracket on the bottom of the tray...and it works fine, ..we used a homemade bracket out of flat stell...and it looked good.....also you will have to run your positive and negative cables extended.

Quick Reply: Moving the battery??? ...and MAF???