Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

My truck vs local ricers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Default My truck vs local ricers

Where I live for some reason we have an abundance of ricer cars. So far it's my truck with about 14 wins and the ricer cars with1. But I'm told that the one that beat me was about the fastest ricer car there is pushing over 400 hp

[IMG]local://upfiles/5799/8487061FDB8E48D4972238D6425944F8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Default RE: My truck vs local ricers

your not doing to bad with all the minor mods you got.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 AM

You may have lost 1, but dollar for dollar you probably beat him. Those ricers dump tons of money in to a car to get 12's, lol. For the money you know what kind of v8 you could have?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:11 AM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: DoMeStIc_FaN

You may have lost 1, but dollar for dollar you probably beat him. Those ricers dump tons of money in to a car to get 12's, lol. For the money you know what kind of v8 you could have?
Yeah, and lose fuel economy and reliability. Don't knock ricers man. Sure most are stupid. Some have their crap together though. Here in Florida there are a BUNCH of ricers and and I'd say about half of these guys would eat our trucks alive and the others are just noise machines. I've got an 87 Toyota Supra naturally aspirated and it was faster then my truck off the line when I first got it. I'm currently tearing it apart to repair a blown head gasket but you can go on knowing it'll be lots quicker when I'm done! Inline 3.0liter 6-cylinder with dual over head camshafts and 24 valves, with a 5 speed manual and a 4.30 rear end gear ratio from the factory.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: 72charger

ORIGINAL: DoMeStIc_FaN

Yeah, and lose fuel economy and reliability. Don't knock ricers man. Sure most are stupid. Some have their crap together though. Here in Florida there are a BUNCH of ricers and and I'd say about half of these guys would eat our trucks alive and the others are just noise machines. I've got an 87 Toyota Supra naturally aspirated and it was faster then my truck off the line when I first got it. I'm currently tearing it apart to repair a blown head gasket but you can go on knowing it'll be lots quicker when I'm done! Inline 3.0liter 6-cylinder with dual over head camshafts and 24 valves, with a 5 speed manual and a 4.30 rear end gear ratio from the factory.
I wasnt knocking "ricers"
The ones that know what they are doing are fine. the stock fartcannon smoke blowers are the ones that annoy me. You know the ones, the back of their cars are usually covered in soot. LMAO! Washington State is FULL of people that think a muffler and stickers make their cars "SICK!"

And about the realiabilty thing, people that are "worried about the motor" probably shouldnt be doing mods anyway. and if your building a motor fuel economy is rarely a concern since, if it was me anyway,i would only carry enough gas for a 1/4 mile anyway.

I think youll agree that the import tunerscene is more expensive. which was the point i was making.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:52 AM
TruckForum Addict

Well I'm sure since southcomfort09's rig is still under warranty he's not planning on tearing into it.

Also, mods wise, it depends on the cars your talking about. These trucks are any cheaper to modify than say an Acura Integra or Nissan 240sx. And both of these cars are faster than most of our trucks, stock vs. stock. If you go mod for mod the same on each, they'll still be faster until you start getting into pro-mod action. Don't get me wrong, I love my American muscle and always will. However I've owned just as many "riceburners" as I have domestics and I can easily say when it comes to performance Japan steals my heart. I had a 95 Z28 with several mods and it was by far the fastest car I've ever owned. But I liked my 87 Chrysler Conquest TSI a bit more. I turned Corvette owners heads in that thing! I also got good at going sideways in that car.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:54 AM

Around here 1 out of 5 will have a NICE ricer, but only half of those nice ones will be fast. It the guys who talk sh*t on everyone that have POS cars that I can't stand. Oh, and the ones who have mommy and daddy buy them a WRX or Si. They throw an intake on it and make it sound like they "built" a racecar or something. Hats off to the guy who bought my 240SX. He gutted it, threw in a 2.0 turbo (AFTER GETTING IT BLUE PRINTED, BALANCED, BIGGER TURBO, ETC.) Threw some 300Z suspension parts under it and raced it in drift comps. He put on rims and paint but no gigantic wings, ground FX or anything like that. Its pushinbg 400 hp. My step-dad drove it and said it scared him. He owned 2 decked out 280Zs and 2 built cameros and the 240sx made him sweat. Now THAT is a racecar.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 AM

yeah the onesI cant stand are the ones the owner always brags about and the car and it looks like hell and is covered in Streetglow stickers. They think there1988 camery sedanis fast with no engine mods other than a fart can with a crome tip. I repect the the guys with the cars that are nicely done and fast because that takes a lot of time and work. I still prefer my American V8 power.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 PM

True some ricers do wayyyyyy to much.The only cars I like are Wrx STi,Srt-4,350-Z and Evo.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
TruckForum Addict

AWE...... no love for the Supras aye? I flogged many a WRX and STi when I worked for a local import dealership. Also flogged a couple 350Z's. I have to say that by far the fastest and most fun to drive import I've ever driven though was a 300zx twin turbo.

Quick Reply: My truck vs local ricers