Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   My truck vs local ricers (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/my-truck-vs-local-ricers-6112/)

rxsteven 02-10-2008 11:39 AM

RE: My truck vs local ricers

It says Chevy Silverado Forum

|
|
|
\|/

72charger 02-10-2008 08:27 PM

You know there is a guy on here with a modded extended cab Silverado with a 4.8 and he is able to keep up with a guy with a Silverado with a 6.0 with a Predator tuner and other mods. What about a 4.8 liter is slow? Your opinion sucks and no one here cares for it but you.

1fast4x4 02-11-2008 09:40 AM

Didn't say a smaller motor can't be fast, but your gonna need alot of work done to it to get it there. Anything can be made fast, but bolt on's aren't gonna cut it when you are that much lower in C.I.'s! Hell, there are still 4.3L trucks out there that can kill a modded 6.0L easily, the one that comes to mind is a Cyclone! But, that isn't just a 4.3L with a tune and air/muffler combo either. I think your little comments usually provide very little usefullness here, i wonder why i bother reading them, except to see what ramble you spew next. Like a friend couldn't spin his tires so i went into a puddle and lite mine up...... whatever? I don't have to tell you what you sound like half the time, lol! So, anytime i see someone claim to run down a 300-400hp car with a small motor truck with some bolt ons, i'll call them out unless they have vids to prove it. I'm not picking on GM's at all, if someone had a Hemi saying this, i'd be saying the same thing! I look at all the forums on here, not just this one, and i see you do also!

1fast4x4 02-11-2008 10:20 AM

I should've also said that i'm sure he did beat some of those "ricers" as there are alot of teenage kids that get mom's/dad's work car hand me down, slap some stickers and a tall wing on it and think their fast- oh yah the fart can also! I hate ricer cars myself and will never own one. But, i think you need to be carefull is what i'm trying to sayas some "ricers" (even though toyota is built in the US, people still don't seperate it) are much faster and you need to pick on one your size. I don't go around beating up on cavaliers and focuses to get 20 wins and no looses. I wouldn't waste my time or gas on that. All i'm saying is run something we all know to be fast and let us see some vids to confirm it, not just some ricers. Beating a newer vette or cobra would get my attention, or running 12 and 13'sat the local track! My truck won't do this either, but 14's aren't bad stock, and i won't claim to beat a new mustang either- and if i do, it's because the other driver sucks. This time of year though here in Wi., i can beat most anything except snowmobiles on the road, lol!

seb37 02-11-2008 10:31 AM

Ward take it easy on the Beaver

1fast4x4 02-11-2008 10:53 AM

Sorry about the p!ssing matches some of us get into around here that the rest have to get though to see these threads. Seems they always end up the same way by the same couple guys. Anyway, maybe i'll change my user id to alittleslower4x4 and post my vehicle as my last truck, a 2000gmc K1500, for the chevy section lol! I'm guessing that little bit of sacastic humor will beflamed on also? Just find some of these topics a little hard to swallow, i just got to control myself and let people have their fun i guess....[:@]

jcbst12 02-11-2008 11:07 AM

All of you guys have good points.

1fast4X4: You have a sick-fast truck, yes. Whith these GM engines, it is a significant difference when you uncork the suckers, I know this first hand because removing the TQM and changing the shifting points gave the big boat some more forward motion. Not to mention the other stuff I did to it. Is it still a fast truck? Quick enough. Im not going around beating up on anyone but if some kid screws with me in ANYTHING, I'll fight back, I don't care. I have beaten faster vehicels just because of the person behind the wheel can't drive for sh*t. Anyhow a 4.8 has similar potential when in a smaller truck. 72's got a lighter truck, but I have more cubes. It balances out soemwhere Im sure. Either way, I'd rather have a 4.8 Chevy than a 4.6 Ford, a 4.7 Dodge and a 4.7 Yota which are all in the same price bracket.

72Charger: You have a point about him comin in here and giving us a daily reminder that we are all not so fortunate to be in his shoes. (Lets face it thats what it comes down to). And he knows he will ruffle a few feathers when he does it, but he has a right to speak his mind. It is a free country. At least he's not pushing his opinions on a Cayenneor something. He at least has a truck-truck. And he has money to buy the "good" stuff. Good for him. If I had the money to buy it and fuel it both, I'd buy a Tundra, but I don't I have "the best of what I can afford", and so do you I assume. So take pride in your ride for what it is and what you did to it. Thats what matters.

I think BOTH of you have a chip on your shoulder about something and you seem to bring out the worst in each other.

seb37 02-11-2008 11:16 AM

Man that sounds like an old married couple bringing the worst out in eachother. Well it all good reading and interesting. I myself could care either way who post's on here. We all know whenor should knowwhen there is some bull**** or not being posted. I mainly just laugh to myself on most of it.To each his own I say. Carpe Diem

1fast4x4 02-11-2008 02:54 PM

It does make forums more interesting when everyone perfers something different. I think things would get a little dull if we all had only one choice of trucks. Then we could argue about which color is better, lol! But i just want to say, i don't mean to come off as sounding arrogant- i'm trying to be imformative only, so don't always take what i say the wrong way! Lord only knows how jealous i am of people that had the vehicles i had- but all paid for and at the same time!!! I could only imagine what it would be like to own a car for each day of the week? I know a lady that has a new Cobra and a viper, and see only uses the viper to go to the dentist. Must be nice!