Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Need electrical help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Default Need electrical help!

Hey guys,
I have a 2004 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.0.
I just got the truck back from an employee and the check engine is on, will solve that tomorrow...the ABS light is on, so I will be cleaning all the sensor contact points tomorrow but the real problem I have, is pissing me off royally.
The cluster indicator says my highbeams are on, but in fact they are not! When I put them on my fog's and low's are disabled and nothing comes on. I've checked the relays and fuses, all is well, the bulbs are fine (I have a headlight wig wag flasher and it works perfectly, but the flasher is wired direct to battery, to the switch, to power and grounds IN to the bulbs...bypasses Chevy parts completely...)...also, my interior dome lights do not activate anymore with the door open or the dash switch, but they do turn on with the push buttons on the headliner...also, I do not have any reverse lights, which has caused my backup alarm, and aux spot lights on the backrack to both die...
PLEASE HELP. I need to figure out what module may be toast that is related to the highbeams, reverse lights and interior domes...OH! and my wipers have a mind of their own when the truck is running...randomly spurts washer fluid and wipes my window intermittently...
Thanks guys!
I'm only 19, have a hard enough time running my company and fleet of 5...this Chevy is the oldest in my fleet..I also have a GMC, Dodge and 2 new Kubota's...only this Chevy is the headache-maker!
I need to be cost effective and timely as I need to mount the plows next week!
Cheers,
Thanks for the help in advance!