Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   New to the forum, just bought my truck - exhaust suggestions? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/new-forum-just-bought-my-truck-exhaust-suggestions-11563/)

shoneycutt 09-30-2009 11:04 PM

New to the forum, just bought my truck - exhaust suggestions?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I'm lookin forward to stayin active in the forum. I used to be very active in the mustang gorum I was in back in high school, and it was very helpful.

Just bought my 2007 GMC Sierra SLE2, ext cab, Z71, 30k miles, 5.3L. I absolutely love it. It's my baby now.

But, like all of my other V8s I've owned, one of the first things I think of is exhaust. I've always had loud sports cars with the Flowmaster catbacks and off-road H pipes. But I had a Grand Cherokee at one time I installed a Magnaflow on, and it was still nice and low pitched and throaty, but not annoying while driving.

My question is, do any of you have any suggestions as to what kind of cat-back to go with just to give the thing a bit more growl and character I'm used to? I will drive a lot for my job, so I don't want it annoying, but I wanna know it's a V8 again haha.

Thanks fellas,
Shaun

GMCSierraFan 10-01-2009 04:53 AM

I put the LMC truck system on my truck, it's kind of unique in the way that it uses resonator tips in the place of mufflers. It's not supposed to be as loud as it is, but there are no CATS on my truck at all so it's just straight back. I like the sound and it is low

Mr_Shamrock 10-01-2009 07:51 AM

I didn't want a really loud exhaust either. After trying an off brand that souded great, but was too loud I went with a 70 series flowmaster. It has a nice deep tone, but it won't require you to take advil on a long trip.

sam-patrick 10-01-2009 09:10 AM

Its good to hear that you love your car.I'm sorry I don't have much idea about it.But definitely I will try to get the solution of it.

shoneycutt 10-02-2009 08:01 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I've been lookin around, and 70 series caught my eye as well. I was also thinking about doing the whole American Thunder catback system as well, but I'm not sure how loud that will be. I know that the cab of these new trucks are supposed to be super quiet, so I really don't know how much loudness will even affect it.

RUFFNECK4LYFE 10-02-2009 06:58 PM

The American Thunder sounds awesome on LS based motors! If you have the pipes goin all the way back, no need to worry bout cab drone. I've had super truck set ups, turn downs, straight pipes, catless exhaust set ups, and now I love the Magnaflow with pipes to the back. Mine is cammed so I benefit from the free flow exhaust.

bigredmariner 10-02-2009 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by shoneycutt (Post 50407)
Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I've been lookin around, and 70 series caught my eye as well. I was also thinking about doing the whole American Thunder catback system as well, but I'm not sure how loud that will be. I know that the cab of these new trucks are supposed to be super quiet, so I really don't know how much loudness will even affect it.

I've got the American Thunder Series cat-back on my 2006. I love it, no drone. I drive 4 hours one way to work each week and it has never bothered me yet.

shoneycutt 10-05-2009 08:52 AM

Awesome, I might have to go with that just because I know the ease of installation. Thanks for all the help guys!

D.engem 10-08-2009 10:13 PM

New to the forum just bought my truck exhaust suggestions

im from virginia, i have a 06 yukon xl, and i used to have an 07 gmc acadia slt2 but really didnt like the v-6 in it, so i traded it for an 08 sierra denali, that should be here any day now. its great to see a detacated gmc forum. hope it gets much bigger.

skobiak 10-09-2009 03:47 PM

Had a pacesetter system (muffler cracked where the pipes come out) and switched to a magnaflow. Magnaflow sounds way better, and not too loud either. I have the 1 in/2 out configuration with both pipes exiting on the right side.