Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

New to the forum, just bought my truck - exhaust suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Default New to the forum, just bought my truck - exhaust suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm lookin forward to stayin active in the forum. I used to be very active in the mustang gorum I was in back in high school, and it was very helpful.

Just bought my 2007 GMC Sierra SLE2, ext cab, Z71, 30k miles, 5.3L. I absolutely love it. It's my baby now.

But, like all of my other V8s I've owned, one of the first things I think of is exhaust. I've always had loud sports cars with the Flowmaster catbacks and off-road H pipes. But I had a Grand Cherokee at one time I installed a Magnaflow on, and it was still nice and low pitched and throaty, but not annoying while driving.

My question is, do any of you have any suggestions as to what kind of cat-back to go with just to give the thing a bit more growl and character I'm used to? I will drive a lot for my job, so I don't want it annoying, but I wanna know it's a V8 again haha.

Thanks fellas,
Shaun

Attached Thumbnails New to the forum, just bought my truck - exhaust suggestions?-front-right-phone.jpg  
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Administrator

I put the LMC truck system on my truck, it's kind of unique in the way that it uses resonator tips in the place of mufflers. It's not supposed to be as loud as it is, but there are no CATS on my truck at all so it's just straight back. I like the sound and it is low

Old 10-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I didn't want a really loud exhaust either. After trying an off brand that souded great, but was too loud I went with a 70 series flowmaster. It has a nice deep tone, but it won't require you to take advil on a long trip.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:10 AM

Its good to hear that you love your car.I'm sorry I don't have much idea about it.But definitely I will try to get the solution of it.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:01 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I've been lookin around, and 70 series caught my eye as well. I was also thinking about doing the whole American Thunder catback system as well, but I'm not sure how loud that will be. I know that the cab of these new trucks are supposed to be super quiet, so I really don't know how much loudness will even affect it.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

The American Thunder sounds awesome on LS based motors! If you have the pipes goin all the way back, no need to worry bout cab drone. I've had super truck set ups, turn downs, straight pipes, catless exhaust set ups, and now I love the Magnaflow with pipes to the back. Mine is cammed so I benefit from the free flow exhaust.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by shoneycutt
Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I've been lookin around, and 70 series caught my eye as well. I was also thinking about doing the whole American Thunder catback system as well, but I'm not sure how loud that will be. I know that the cab of these new trucks are supposed to be super quiet, so I really don't know how much loudness will even affect it.
I've got the American Thunder Series cat-back on my 2006. I love it, no drone. I drive 4 hours one way to work each week and it has never bothered me yet.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 AM

Awesome, I might have to go with that just because I know the ease of installation. Thanks for all the help guys!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Default New to the forum just bought my truck exhaust suggestions

im from virginia, i have a 06 yukon xl, and i used to have an 07 gmc acadia slt2 but really didnt like the v-6 in it, so i traded it for an 08 sierra denali, that should be here any day now. its great to see a detacated gmc forum. hope it gets much bigger.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Had a pacesetter system (muffler cracked where the pipes come out) and switched to a magnaflow. Magnaflow sounds way better, and not too loud either. I have the 1 in/2 out configuration with both pipes exiting on the right side.