Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

New Lift DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Default RE: New Lift DONE!

Considering their quality and how long they last they are a good deal.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:59 PM

I love my BFG AT's. They've gotten me out of every hole I've ever been in. I've got 265s right now and I'm getting ready to put 285s on her...maybe 295s if I do the leveling kit.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 AM

Have you ever even driven a Hummer, much less pulled one out of a hole? The only reason that I ask is because there is a tiny Jeep here on the Base that I work at that runs around with a tire cover that says Hummer Recovery Vehicle. And that Sh*t pissis me off faster than anything, you could kick a dent in my truck and I still wouldn't be that pissed off! That chode probably has never even driven one, much less pulled it out of a bad situation. I have had to helped a fewHummersoutof a few situations when I was in ND. But never with my truck. Always with a biggervehicle, or another HMMWV (UAH). The 10,000 LB winches were crap!

*(6Mins2Live If you have done the things that I talked about or you were Vehicle Recovery in the Military, I am sorry. I just really hait fakes and stupid people that have no idea what it really takes to get a stuck Hummer out of the mud.)*

Sorry about my rant! Back to what this is all about. BFG's. I have never owned a set of BFG AT's before. But I have owned aset of BFG MT's and they were great,I bought themwhen they were over half worn and they ran great down the road, and wereeven better off road! I would buy them again, only not burn them off so much. BTW theyARE steel belted tread. I haveseen it myself. Another thing, if you happen to have a really worn down sets of tires and you burn them off when the steel belts are showing, you get alittlesparkingshow with the smoke!! Once again, seen it myself!

Old 06-17-2008, 01:32 PM

In my humble opinion, I think BFG A/Ts look hideous. I have driven trucks equipped with them before, vascillating between Rangers, S-10's, F-150s, Silverados....etc. They failed to impress me.

BF Goodrich certainly seems to have the monopoly when it comes to truck tires though. I can't go a single day without seeing them on at least 10 trucks.

My money will be spent elsewhere. Firestone Destination M/Ts have an awesome track record so far, so they might be my next set. (After I burn through the current mudders)

Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 PM

BF G's Are great tires. I love my all terrian ones. Even though i wish i had the mud terrian, but these tires are great. I peel out and burnout all the time and they still have tons of tread left. They are great tires and ride awesome. I have never gotten stuck with these on.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:25 PM

Maybe I'm just horriby biased against All Terrains. I love, LOVE mud tires. Yeah, they're heavier, louder, wear out faster...etc, but you can't beat them for looks. W00t!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:28 PM

Yeah thats why I wish I hadsome money, I would go and buy the BFG mud terrain tires.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:26 PM

Ok well if we are talking about military style Hummers I will forfeit that argument every time! No contest.

I have driven an H3 and I did not like the thing at all. I have also pulled that same H3 out of a mud hole once or twice. I can not say that I was that impressed with it. Secondly I have helped many regular Hummers out of jams in the sand dunes. I know why you get so pissed when you see a bone stock Jeep drivin around with that Tire Cover thinking he is king of the off roading world I personally laugh at that. Dont get me wrong because Hummer's are very capable vehicles but I get the same way when I see guys out on the dunes in their Hummers thinking they own the world and it does me no happier than to pull them out (because they do not know how to drive their machines) because they think they are God.

That is why my avatar is such. Now would I ever stick that on my truck and drive around with it? No Way In Hell!!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:32 PM

I wonder what would happen if I stuck a Grammar **** symbol on my truck. That'd cause alot of double takes...

Old 06-18-2008, 10:16 PM

I think everyone would be really confused but it would be extremely (sp?) funny.

Quick Reply: New Lift DONE!