Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

NEW TO THE SCENE.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Default NEW TO THE SCENE.......

hey fellaz... im new and was wondering whats the best exhaust i should run.02 silverado, 4.8ltr ,77 series k&n cai,de screened map sensor,td throttle body spacer.i plan on headers before i do this.whats the best value on headers/computer program?
THANKS!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Default RE: NEW TO THE SCENE.......

lookin for shorty headers or long?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 AM

stick to a single in dual out muffler... as for what kind, it depends on what sound you want...

Old 09-06-2007, 03:09 PM

Personally, I like Magnaflow. Flowmaster is good too but it is almost always really loud, even when idleing. I drove a truck like mine with flowmasters down the highway on cruise and it was so loud inside the cab it gave me a headache. Of course outside the truck it does sound good and the loudness varies depending on the setup (cats, tips, headers, etc). Ive had Magnaflow on my last two vehicles and i loved the sound of each. Its not really loud when you are taking it easy, just a noticeable rumble. But at WOT it screams. Also, magnaflow is supposed to give more MPGs and horsepower depending on application but it is a lil more expensive. I think my muffler was $220 or something around that. I cut the cats off so mine is louder than it would be normally tho. There are many more brands than these two, but i havent had any experience with them. just depends on what you like

Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM

the only magnaflow i've heard was on a 5.7 liter but it sounded better than a flowmaster imo... you should look into the new cherry bombs, they're cheaper than either flowmasters or magnaflows and they sound pretty good

Old 09-06-2007, 06:32 PM

Ive heard one cherry bomb setup on a buddy of mine's dodge. That exhaust was annoying as hell. it was so loud, when he would drive thru our apt complex at night people would scream at him to shut the F up. But you know there is no telling what he did to his exhaust system, his could have been louder than most cherry bombs. Hes pretty redneck and extra dumb so he wanted it REAL loud.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
TruckForum Addict

LOL! That's pretty funny. I like to rev my truck up as I pull into the driveway about 8-9PM after I've been hanging out. Haven't had a complaint yet but then again, I'm bigger than all my neighbors so they're probably afraid to offend me.

Also, I have the Flowmaster and it's not loud at all unless I'm getting on it. It has a nice deep rumble at idle but I wouldn't say it could cause anyone a headache.( I like it like that )

Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Inside the cab mine are not loud at all when cruising, just when you get on it. A friend of mine said when he was driving near me it was loud but good outside.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 PM

whats the diff between shorty headers or long ones?should i go cats or no cats with a single in dual out?i dont want to lose low end either.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 PM

Shorty headers will help mid to high, long tube help low end. And if you plan on doing exhaust you may lose some low end.

Quick Reply: NEW TO THE SCENE.......