Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

NEWBS CHECK IN!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Beginner
Default Checkin in

Just checkin' in. Started a new project that I'm sure I'll need some help with. Please be gentle.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Beginner

Hello, not a new GUY, but a new GIRL......how ya'll doing? Hope I can learn a lot from everybody in this forum so I can "doll up" my 2002 Silverado! Oh, and I do have a sticker on my back windshield that says "You just got passed by a GIRL!" lol

Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Administrator

HaHaHa That's an awesome sticker... do ya get many guys chasing you down to pass you?? Welcome to the forum PBAG LOL

Old 01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Beginner
Talking

Originally Posted by In2Trux
HaHaHa That's an awesome sticker... do ya get many guys chasing you down to pass you?? Welcome to the forum PBAG LOL
No not really, prolly cuz they are too embarassed I passed em in the first place!!
PBAG ha I love it, although it does sound like a medical term.....lol and one I personally rather not have....lol

Old 01-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by passedbyagirl
No not really, prolly cuz they are too embarassed I passed em in the first place!!
PBAG ha I love it, although it does sound like a medical term.....lol and one I personally rather not have....lol
LOL just messin with ya. Glad you here.
Enjoy your stay. I'm looking forward to seeing you post up a thread about your truck with pics

Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Beginner

"just want to lay out some ground work for new guys"

Does this mean the rules don't apply to me? I'm all woman...

Regardless, I'm here creepin the forums trying to figure out what I want to do with my Chevy.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Welcome to Truck Forums CowGirlCadillac or CowboyCadillac what ever the case may be..
Ya I'm sure the rules still apply.

Be sure to start up your own thread on what mods your gonna do to your Chev.
I'm looking forward to the pix

Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Beginner

Just checking in - I bought a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT Z71 a few months ago. Traded in my 07 Dodge Ram Laramie.... I must say I should have bought a Sierra years ago! Love this truck. 10 times better than the Dodge!

Hi y'all!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Beginner
Default New member

Hey everyone,

My name is Josh, I am 31yrs old, currently in the Navy and I just recently joined this forum due to getting my Dad's 82 Chevy Silverado. I have always worked on my own cars to include my E55 AMG Mercedes parked int he driveway. My Dad passed away 6 yrs ago and this truck was what he used to get around in until he couldn't drive anymore. I need something cheaper to drive everyday instead of an expensive car that just eats gas and tires!!

The truck has a 350 with an automatic tranny. I had it running a few years ago but it hasnt ran in a while. I can get the motor running fairly easily but I am pretty sure the Torque converter is gone. There is a tapping noise from the tranny area even when the truck is in park. I will have it trailered to me in Pensacola, FL ( I am from Louisiana and thats where it is now). I will be seeking alot of guidance from this community as I have never worked on Chevy trucks before now. I plane to rebuild everything lil by lil until she is dependable to drive the 400 miles back to LA to surprise my Mom.

thanks!!

Josh

ps. dont mind the username, it is my name on all the forums and was given to me a very long time ago, hahahaha.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Beginner

Another New guy checkin in! phx,az. 2011 silverado ltz crew 4x4

Quick Reply: NEWBS CHECK IN!!