Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok so gonna sell my truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:15 AM

Congrats on the potential upgrades cub. I had a Skyjacker lift on my Cherokee. It was a decent kit but I suggest using a better shock. Mine rode really rough till I replaced them.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by MrDragon
Congrats on the potential upgrades cub. I had a Skyjacker lift on my Cherokee. It was a decent kit but I suggest using a better shock. Mine rode really rough till I replaced them.
thanks
think i will go with monroe reflex they have been working good for me since i put them on a couple months ago
this lift i am planing on wont happen right away i will have to wait till tax season

also i would have went with rough country but as there name says rough
and my buddys f150 has them and is real stiff

Old 09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
TruckForum Addict

ok guys and gals following this thread
its a good day but sad day again
i had a phone call about my truck even though i took my add off
the offer was more then i was asking so i took the offer
and just baught my new project / daily driver
it is an
83 chevy suburban with a 4 inch skyjacker lift kit with 33 inch bfg altearains ko's
there are some problems but nothing serilously wrong
the speedo doesnt work im thinking the cable is loose or just bad or the actual speedo gear is bad
myabe even the guage so im gonna tear into on one of my days off as i have a 2nd job as of saturday ill be working 16 hours 8 of which are part time
also the truck has shorty or hooker headers and an eddlebrock 4 barrel carb
with elctric choke
the tail light is out which is most lickley a bulb
i am happy with this decision i made but sad to see a the old truck go but
before i sold it i took the brush guard off and i swaped out the new battery and altenator and air filter with the ones off my brothers truck
which are still good so i didnt waste money on that

i am going to pick the vehical up most likely tuesday and will take some pictures

the suburban owner i have known since i was probalby 13 years old and i know the history of it he did drive it all the time then it became a hunting truck to be driven 10 days out of the year it its also a better family vehical then my other truck was

and yes there will be pictures to come
the po said for me 600 for it and he said that any one else would be 2500
so i didnt pass on the offer

and i know i did alot of hard work to the other truckc but that is what i do i work hard and treat the vehicals right
i just love working on cars trucks anything with an engine except marine aplications as i dont have that much knowlage on that subject

Old 09-26-2011, 11:32 PM
TruckForum Addict

Awesome man!

Sad to see the old truck go, but in reality, you got a super upgrade! The new truck can haul a** and the family at the same time

Is it a bigblock of small block? Is it a 1/4, 1/2 or 1ton truck?

I'm definitely excited for pictures! congrats

Old 09-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Beginner

Cant wait to see pictures I would love to have a suburban

Old 09-28-2011, 06:06 AM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by NullHead
Awesome man!

Sad to see the old truck go, but in reality, you got a super upgrade! The new truck can haul a** and the family at the same time

Is it a bigblock of small block? Is it a 1/4, 1/2 or 1ton truck?

I'm definitely excited for pictures! congrats
its got a 350 sbc same thats was in my old truck
its got a holley or edlebrock carb ill have to look and see
its a half ton with 4/10 in the rear and a 85 k/5 blazer front end on it with lockout hubs
i will be posting pics dont mind the rust thow its pretty bad with cancer

Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by cubpak89
its got a 350 sbc same thats was in my old truck
its got a holley or edlebrock carb ill have to look and see
its a half ton with 4/10 in the rear and a 85 k/5 blazer front end on it with lockout hubs
i will be posting pics dont mind the rust thow its pretty bad with cancer
Hey you're talkin' to the right guy. I know how you feel.

You've seen my truck, right? Well it just blew a brake line, so lol don't feel bad. We all own a rusty truck at some point.

I'm excited to see pictures

Old 10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
TruckForum Addict

ok everyone i have posted just a few pictures of the suburban which i have no name for yet
its got the 350 sbc with a holly 4 barrel carb with electric choke not hooked up so she is very cold blooded and hard to start in the mornings
its got headers im not sure which brand which go to straight pipes and then turn downs right before the rear axle

the rear axle is a 4/10 rear axle
the front axle is off a k5 blazer and is a 10 bolt with lookout hubs

the transfer case is the np208
its got the rancho 5000 shocks i made the mistake of previously stating skyjacker sorry for that but there colors are the same
the body is rusty and the windows are cracked but with time i will have some of the stuff fixed like the windows

im gonna order my new lmc catalog today and hopefully get it in the mail soon
i have some hurculiner roll on bed liner im going to use for the frame undercoating
so when i have the next couple days off i will be preping the frame and axles for undercoating

this is defenantly going to be a keeper i wont have to spend any money on lifting it and the tires are brand new they still have the little flaps in between the tread
any one have any ideas of what to do to this i do plan to fix the rust and paint it flat black bedliner

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
TruckForum Addict

Wow awesome! That's a really tall lift it's got there ... Personally, I'd grind out all the rusty edges, bondo/weld on new pieces to replace the holes and get it primed/painted/cleared a dark blue, or a glossy black. Maybe some new rims, also tint the rear windows.

Looks like a fun truck! I wonder how it'll do in the mud ...

Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by NullHead
Wow awesome! That's a really tall lift it's got there ... Personally, I'd grind out all the rusty edges, bondo/weld on new pieces to replace the holes and get it primed/painted/cleared a dark blue, or a glossy black. Maybe some new rims, also tint the rear windows.

Looks like a fun truck! I wonder how it'll do in the mud ...
i do plan to weld the rust holes with new metal and to paint it
it was gonna be indercoated tonight
but unfortunatly some how an entire gallon of herculiner magicaly opened the box it was in and walked away so theres 100 bucks down the drain
but whom ever it was that helped it walk away will be kicking there butts when they relize they forgot the rollars and sand paper too
and yes i plan to have the windows retinted
and i cant wait to take her out in the mudd but i will have to wait till it snows or rains the level b we got was road gradered flat so the mud wont stay
unless it rains

Quick Reply: ok so gonna sell my truck