Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Default Ordered my exhaust!

So I thought I'd let you guys know that I ordered my CAT back dual exhaust kit today from LMC Trucks and I am now waiting in anguish.

Here is one thing that is odd though...

CAT back with black powder tips: $229.95
CAT back with Stainless tips: $329.95
Stainless tips: $69.95

So I essentially ordered the system with the black powder tips and got the stainless tips seperate because it was cheaper to get two sets than one???

I'll let you guys know how it works out, but I'm sure I'll have to do a little fabricating what with me not having any CATS on my truck

Old 06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Default Can i ask, what was the price?

I was just curious as about 2 years ago, i checked around, and to order the catback systems, i was looking @ $500 to $600, plus S&H. I found a muffler shop that bent the pipes and installed it with Flowmaster 50 Series, and SST 12" tips foe $400. And have tweaked it a couple times since, when they were hitting on the frame rails. Mine is straight out the rear, and they did an awesome job. Good luck with your system, Jim

Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Maybe because your engine is more rare and your truck is newer that is why it costs more, From what I've seen I'm getting a hell of a deal!

Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM

Your gonna like that system... i have the same one on my 89 and it sounds great

Old 06-09-2009, 11:45 AM

I had a friend with it on her 93 and it sounded very good! I thought about buying it but I found some cheap mufflers and decided to go with a custom bent one dumping at the axle. It should only be around $200 said and done.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Well... I got the system, but one of the tips was lost in transit... So I am stuck here with the weekend off and staring at my pipes... I'm tempted to go tipless!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Hey friend, what are you looking for? Sound or performance?? Cuz I did a little experiment and put 18" of 2 1/4" pipe on the set up after the cats and before the muffler. So it goes from a 3" to a 2 1/4" then back to 3" into the muffler and then dumped. I noticed a big difference! I got some back pressure back. I have the great sound of a catless magnaflow set up with the added back pressure for performance.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Administrator

I'm not real sure what I'm looking for to be honest, I just want something that can be heard and sounds mean, but some performance wouldn't hurt . The looks of the system are important to me too. Sounds like you've got a nice setup going. This setup I got is 3" from the Y-pipe to where it splits. Then it goes to 2 1/4 inchers.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:13 AM

PUT IT ON!!!!

I wish I had the time to do mine! One more week of classes then I get three weeks off before I start working again. By the end of those three weeks I should practically have a whole new truck.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator

OH MY GOD!!!!! I love it. It took me quite a while because LMC's instructions SUCK!! I ended up fabricating my own mounts for half the stuff and I had to get another pipe made. but after 11 straight hours of work... IT IS DONE AND SEXXY! When I first start it it has a little bark but after that, the idle is quiet as a mouse. But when I get on it, it sounds like I'm at a friggin NASCAR race

Quick Reply: Ordered my exhaust!