Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are PaceSetter's good headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Default Are PaceSetter's good headers?

I'm in the market for a pair of shorty headers for my 98 Silverado 1500 V8. I'm looking to spend around $400 and want some form of a ceramic coating that will not rust. I am seriously considering a pair of Pacestetter AmorCoat headers. Are these reliable? This is my first truck and I do not want to put bad quality parts on it.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: Are PaceSetter's good headers?

I think they are great headers for the price. Most would tell you to purchase Hookers or JBA's, but for the money, you really can't beat them. Make sure that you get expanding gaskets though, because sealing headers can be a problem in certain cases.

I have researched different websites and forums and have read mixed reviews about Pacesetter's, but from what I have scene with my oneyes, it is not a bad set of headers at all. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:57 AM

from everyone I have taalked to - avoid the pace setters. Thaey will only last 1-2 years at most. they are just too thin walled and the coating doesn't last. I really respect SC_CHEVY_LOVER's opinion so He may have had better luch than mos, but his is the first positive responce I have heard on pace setter. I have edlebrock which are just a little more and have never heard any complaints. Also I love them.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:32 AM

Hey smoke, I appreciate the kind words bro. You know, I've never owned a set of pacesetter's, I am partial to Hookers, but the some of my friends that have owned have nothing but good things to say about them. I agree, Edlebrock is a hell of a product. Maybe the best thing to do in this situation is to save the money until you have enough and purchase a more "respectable" brand such as Hooker or Edlebrock. I haven't installed headers yet on my truck, but when I do, I will certainly save my money and purchase an excellent product. Chevyboy, I would listen to smoke on this and maybe avoid the pacesetters. But hell, I would at least do some more research before you make your mind up. Take it easy!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:29 PM

pacesetters are ok headers, i would use them, but the thing to remember is that they are in the bang for the buck category, and you usually wont get an extended life out of them, as in more than say 5 to ten years...but they are a decent product.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:55 PM

You know SC_CHEVY_LOVER, you may be partial to hookers, but I don't think this is the right forum for that. Maybe you should try generation X or something like that. Ha!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Am I in the wrong place?? I'm sorry, I was looking for the red light district.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:36 PM
TruckForum Addict

I've got the Pace Setters on mine. This is what I've come to. If you want shorties, get 'em. If you want longtubes, (what I should've done...), save up and get the Hooker longtubes with a y-pipe for under $500.

IF YOU GET THE PACE SETTERS, THROW OUT THE GASKETS THAT COME WITH THEM!!!
GET SOME GOOD GASKETS FROM MR.GASKET OR FEL-PRO.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 AM

mmmmm, hookers....

Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
TruckForum Addict

Hookers have always fitwell for me. If you get the ceramic coated, they won't rust away, either. Havehad a set on a 71 Nova big block drag car for 71/2 years with no problems.

Quick Reply: Are PaceSetter's good headers?