Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

PERFORMANCE HEADS

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Default PERFORMANCE HEADS

WHATS UP FELLAS,
I AM LOOKING FOR A SET OF PERFORMANCE HEADS FOR MY 03. HAS ANYBODY ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ANY MANUFATORS? ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW OR RECOMAND A MANUFACTOR WHO MAKES HEADS FOR THIS 5.3L? THE HEADS MUST HANDLE NITROUS. ALSO THE BORE DIAMETER IS 3.779 TO 3.780. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Default RE: PERFORMANCE HEADS

I like the edlebrock, but I think the thing is to go with a big name. Someone who has alot of experience and can answer questions. As far as nitrous goes it is anyones game. Nitrous is hard on an engine and will burn it up well before its time. You will be better off going with a supercharger in the long run for longevity of your engine as well as more power.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:02 AM

YEA, I HEAR YAABOUT THE NITROUS, BUT THERES NOTHING LIKE THE POP OF THE SAUCE WHEN YOU SPRAY IT.. EDELBROCK WAS MY FIRST CHOICE BUT THEY DONT MAKE A HEAD FOR THE BORE ON A 5.3L. THANKS FOR THE HELP, TALK TO YA SOON.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:56 PM

I have never actually driven a vehicle with nitrous, but you are right it is awsome to see them run, till you see the tale tale puff of smoke out the pipes. Then I drive on by and offer to tow them home.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:06 PM

Ha Ha Ha. Very true pal. I would like to drop a Procharger in. Just dont have the money right now to do that, the heads and the cam. By the way have you ever used PATRIOT PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS? I am curious about their cylinder heads. I have heard of them but dont know anyone who has used them. Talk to ya soon

Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 PM

I have never heard of them. They must be small. Sometimes you can get good deals from these guys by offering to promote their product, and some make really good stuff and offer really personal help. I was wanting a supercharger myself, but then after I looked at the cost I decided that 3-5 k for the unit, and 3-5 k in speeding tickets that I would wait for now. Also a guy that I work with was riding with me one day on the way to my house to watch a race after getting off work late. He informed me that after that ride I didn't need a supercharger. Ha Ha. WIMP.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:31 PM

LOL. I know, one more speeding ticket and i'll be getting a second job. Its that dam Tony Stewart, hes a bad influence (lol)

Old 12-27-2006, 10:42 PM

Yeah, Tony - He's the man. Hopefully anoher championship in 07'. He is causing all my tickets, but that's OK with me.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:55 PM

I was and still am a huge #3 fan. I was really hoping Jr. would carry the torch, but no suck luck.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:05 PM

He just needs to get off his high horse and he will be fine. He started showing signs of this late this year, so who knows. But still Dale was one of the best.

Quick Reply: PERFORMANCE HEADS