Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

pic of my rado

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Default pic of my rado

all i have done so far is an air raid intake, billet bow tie, and belltech shackles. plenty more to come soon though.

for more pics go check out my myspace- http://www.myspace.com/rarco2006and if your on there feel free to add me.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Default RE: pic of my rado

Very clean. Is it a step side?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 AM

surely is, oh and i forgot to mention but if you go to my myspace page you will see, but i have removed all the side moldings, badges and pinstripes, looks a million times better imo.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 AM

nice truck.... What year is it. I like that look with shaved emblems and even the molding. How hard is that to do. I might have to do my molding to when I do the emblems.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 AM

its a 2000, there is a good bit of work involved and will take mostof if not the the whole day. you need access to a heat gun, air compressor that can run air tools, an air drill, an eraser wheel, some rubbing compound, some wax, applicator pads and soft rags. heat the side moldings and badges up and for the most part they come right off. then take your eraser wheel and rub the glue off till you see the out lines of where everything used to be (the outlines are usually white) but be careful not to burn the paint. once you have everything down to just outlines, take some rubbing compound and put it on an applictor pad just like you would wax it except you have to rub pretty hard. when you are done with the area that you just rubbed wipe it off with your soft rag.the compound will more than likely leave dull looking swirl marks but thats when you wax it (mine came right off with wax). if it continues to be a problem, run down to the local parts store and get some swirl mark remover and follow the instructions and then your done. its alot of work but in the end it pays off considering your just paying for supplies as apposed to paying $165 for a bodyshop to do it (which is what iwas quoted). but yeh thats pretty much it.