Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Pictures of your ride or rides!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Default RE: Pictures of you're ride or rides!!!!!!

72Charger: Nice rides. I dunno about you I miss my 240sx, yours was cleaner than mine. Oh and Im jealous that you have a supra. I miss having a little RWD car.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yeah I miss my 240! The guy I sold it too fixed the body up 100% though and also put stainless steel header back exhaust on it so it's definately well taken care of. As for the Supra, I love the car but the 7M-GE is kicking my butt! Not sure if anyone has followed my thread in "Off Topics" but I rounded out a head bolt and have been fretting over what to do there. I'm off tomorrow so I'll be struggling with it until I either fix it or cause myself some kinda ulcer trying to think of ways to fix it cheaply. LOL! Been kicking around the idea of dropping a 350 in it though.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 AM

Nah, too much torque. She will twist like a pretzel. Get a spoon motor or blueprinted and\or turboed direct replacement engine.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:37 AM

there are some nice rides in here.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:42 AM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: jcbst12

Nah, too much torque. She will twist like a pretzel. Get a spoon motor or blueprinted and\or turboed direct replacement engine.
Too much torque? How do you figure?! There are guys running +1000hp turbo motors in these things. A semi-stock 350 would be nothing power wise. The good thing though would be the easy of fixing, ease of part finding, and ofcourse, the fun factor!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:10 PM

Basically why add a giant lead weight to your car to get more power where you have to beef up the front suspension, add steel to support the sub-frame around the engine bay so a speed bump won't rip the front end off, relocate battery and overflows to the trunk to gain any room you can and that also can give you better weight distribution, THEN beef up the driveline and rear suspenion to handle all the power and weight Or....

You could get a featherweight, built 4 banger, throw a turbo on it, an intercooler, beef up the driveline to handle the extra hp and go!

But yes, it would be a pain in the *** to fix that turbo'ed 4 banger compared to a v8, but a new 5.3 wouldn't be too much easier.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: jcbst12

Basically why add a giant lead weight to your car to get more power where you have to beef up the front suspension, add steel to support the sub-frame around the engine bay so a speed bump won't rip the front end off, relocate battery and overflows to the trunk to gain any room you can and that also can give you better weight distribution, THEN beef up the driveline and rear suspenion to handle all the power and weight Or....

You could get a featherweight, built 4 banger, throw a turbo on it, an intercooler, beef up the driveline to handle the extra hp and go!

But yes, it would be a pain in the *** to fix that turbo'ed 4 banger compared to a v8, but a new 5.3 wouldn't be too much easier.
Uhh.... Supras have an inline 6 with DOHC. And there is PLENTY of room for a 350. Actually one of the more common swaps done on these cars is a Lexus V8 which has been made a very common swap in these cars. I also was not planning on stickinga 5.3 in it. Was gonna go with a carb'd 350.

And now the good news! I got to work on it again today and got the stubborn bolt out and removed the head. The head is now at the local machine shop and should be done next week sometime. I'm so stoaked I can hardly contain it!! Ofcourse this puts the motor swap idea back on the backburner. Maybe I'll do that with my next Supra....[sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 04-16-2008, 06:00 PM

If you did go with a 350 go with a LS1. The aluminum block wont be that much heavier than your sock 6.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well like I said, if I ever did do a 350 powered Supra, I'd want it to be carb'd for the ease of tuning. Albeit heavier, it would still be fun and would definately put a smile on my face. I'm not in it so much for the speed factor as I am the fun factor.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:15 PM

i can see where you're coming from, that would just be cool to see a little foreign car pull up and all of a sudden you hear a small block chevy rumbling under the hood... that would turn some heads

Quick Reply: Pictures of your ride or rides!!!!!!