Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Please Help! Problems with 2007 Sliverado CD Changer, RSA, & Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Jr.
Default Please Help! Problems with 2007 Sliverado CD Changer, RSA, & Radio

Hello all....

I bought a 2007 Silverado LTZ crew cab a few months back. I have a couple problems with it.

PROBLEM #1:

It seems that the in dash CD Changer does not work. I don't know if there is a CD stuck in it or what. I cannot load any CDs into it and when I try the eject button it makes some moving noises and give me a "Check CD" error. By the looks of things the display tells me there is a CD in # 1 slot. Can anyone tell me how to check to see if there is an actual CD stuck in it. How do I get into to the changer? or if you have any other ideas please let me know.

PROBLEM # 2:

My truck has an RSA (rear seat audio) unit in it. I cannot get this to work at all. It is like there is no power to it. No display and nothing happens when I hit the power button.

PROBLEM #3:
Sometimes when I jump in my truck and start it up the radio is not on (even though I left it on), also until I turn the radio power on my signal lights make no sound in the cab and my back up sensors are turned off. Once I hit the radio power button it all goes back to normal.

I do not know if the problems are related to one another or not. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks.

Oh I have checked the applicable fuses and I believe they are all fine.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Jr.

I guess I should tell you all that it is all factory equipment in my truck. No aftermarket.....

Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Jr.

Problem #1 Solved:

Ok so with a little information from another site I took the trim off the dash and removed the radio. I plugged it back in just in case it was something stupid, but no luck. I then removed the radio took it in the house and opened it up. I found a dollar coin in it (loonie)! Can you believe that. It was jamming the changer up. I removed it and away it went, just like.

Now If I could get this back seat radio issue solved I would be set. Still no power to the unit? I have no idea why..... I would guess it uses the same fuse as the radio.... I might have to take it to the dealer for this one......