Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Please review my plan.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Default Please review my plan.

First off, hello to everybody, newbie to the board.
I have been working on vehicles my entire life at my fathers garage, and due to my carrier change, I have gotten away from all the ins and outs of computer programming, and frankly the dealer / shops to get the best prices from. My plans are the simple mpg and hp basics I have used for years, but am always up for criticism.

1. Either a Super Chips programmer, or I located a number 18889378371 for a custom computer set-up that "is dyno and time tested."

2. Electric fan setup. I would rather find a set from a deceased truck, but I am willing to entertain the flex-lite custom set. I am not willing to get the fans that you mount to the rad directly with the zip-tie type pull through fasteners.

3. K&N filter

4. Suggestions on which throttle body spacers, as I see it they are much alike, but cost effective and quality are worth the investment.
(I really loath the idea of 150 bucks for a piece of aluminum drilled out, so suggestions are welcome.)

Thanks, and nice to met all of you.

M. Casale

Old 08-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Default RE: Please review my plan.

I will assume that the plan is perfect and there should be no mods. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 PM

if your truck is EFI using a TBI setup then this little computer might do the job as far as tuning goes. I got one for my transam and it maked EFI tuning super easy and very very fast. http://www.dynamicefi.com/

Old 08-17-2007, 01:35 PM

I should have mentioned I have a 2004 Sierra 5.3 liter, z-71... sorry for the oversight

Old 08-17-2007, 02:55 PM

I thought about doing the superchips thing, but decided to go with a custom tune from Charlie Wheatley ...http://www.gowheatley.com ....I am not disappointed at all. I have better throttle response, better acceleration, better MPG, everything is better better better.

Although I have a Sierra, this board moves really slow, so I'm always on the Silverado board ...it's the same truck. You can get some really good ideas from all of the guys there ...take a look at my mods in my profile ...and most of them were free.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:06 PM
TruckForum Addict

Me too. I almost never come to the GMC board even though I drive one. I HIGHLY recommend the Trans Dapt - Torque Curve throttle body spacer! I bought mine last saturday from Summit Racing for only like $63 and that was including shipping and handleing. It was a pain in the butt to install, I'm just gonna tell you that straight up. The coolant lines that are attached to the bottom of the throttle body make it VERY difficult to pull the throttle body away from the intake manifold far enough to get the spacer in but it is possible. LOL![&:] I also recommend a custom tune vs. superchip because you can get a lot more out of a custom tune. I plan to get mine tuned within the next couple months if money permits. So far all I've done is the free ram air mod, throttle body spacer, drop in replacement K&N air filter, and a Flowmaster Super 40 muffler with duals. I have gained a lot from these mods alone! I recommend going to the silverado board and doing a search for the "Ultimate Free Mods List" originally posted by MrLM7. It explains how to do the free ram air mod which when coupled witha K&N air filter produces VERY good gains. Good luck with your truck!

Old 08-19-2007, 08:11 PM

sweet thanks all!!!