Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Power windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Beginner
Unhappy Power windows

I HAVE 2000 gmc sierra 1500 reg cab 5.3 truck i have window problems
ok so i replaced the regulator and switch but the problem still drivers window wont work i tested the motor and tested for power i have power but i have power to motor when switch is not activated pass works fine thought maybe a relay but have no idea where it is so cant check that the breaker is fine the wire harness looks fine but thinking some one moved wires in plug but cant find a good diagram to check this if i unplug switch power goes away but it brand new switch and old one did the same i tore old one apart nothing is burnt i am totally lost was gonna get a new harness but not sure if that is the problem any other questions ask i tried to explain best way i could and next thing i cant change my climate control the fan works but stuck on vent and cant change heat to cold any ideas i didn't start diagnosing this yet thank you and will post back if any of your suggestions work or if i find problem thank you again

Old 03-04-2018, 01:54 AM
Beginner

Hey guys any ideas is there a relay I missing. I think a relay stuck would cos some of my issue where would I find the relay Did I stump you guys on this. It really got me baffled thanks guys for any help

Old 04-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Beginner

I had a drivers side window problem a while back. Thought it was the motor, but turns out it was the cable system used to lower and raise the window. Check your cable system where it goes into the motor, mines was almost broken and finally did.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by winright007
I had a drivers side window problem a while back. Thought it was the motor, but turns out it was the cable system used to lower and raise the window. Check your cable system where it goes into the motor, mines was almost broken and finally did.
replaced whole thing. Can’t get the switch to stop sending power to window and can’t find any good diagrams for the wiring