Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Default problems

hey guess, been a while, but i need to call on the experts. last night i left work and went to the gas station, running fine. filled up, went to start it and as i turn the key on all the lights on my dash are flickering and making a ticking noise. it would start, but shuts right off, just like wehn we were installing the wheatley cvomputer. so i pulled it home, and this morning replaced wheatley's computer with the old one, and it started, but its still making the flickering and noise now off and on. when i turn a corner too sharp or stop too abruptly the dash goes completely dead, but it still runs right, assuming it is running already. so...........anybody got any ideas????
thanks in advance
again, 1999 silverado, fresh 5.3 and tranny i installed myself, so that could be somthing there, z-71

Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: problems

If it wouldn't start with Wheatley's ECU but cranked right up with your old one, I'd hit Charle up and ask him what the crap is going on. He's gonna have a much better idea then most of us. It may be something he'll warranty out too if it's related.... all you can do is try.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Sounds more electrical than computer related, check your engine ground, even add another and see if this helps, also look for loose connections on the main power going into your fuse panel.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM

thanks guys, thats kinda what ive been wondering, ill slap another ground on and see if that does anything

Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM

make sure that your batter conections are tight too that might be part of it