Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Default question

i have a 2007 chevy silverado, duramax diesel with the allison transmission, it is lifted 6ins, i have a intake an exhaust system and a bullydog chip, the truck moves but has a problem jumin off the line, it kind of hestitates when u floor it, like it doesnt want to and then it goes but i wanna get it to jump when i floor it, any advice?

Old 07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Default RE: question

my guess would be turbo lag? my dad has a 06 with the diesel and allison but no mods, and usually with turbo trucks and cars usually the reason they still dont have much get up and go right away is the turbo takes time to kick in.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM
TruckForum Addict

I don't think so. Most turbo diesal vehicles are engineered to have little to no turbo lag. I have seen plenty of turbo trucks run at the track that roast the tires off the line. I was told the newer trucks havea WOT delay timer so that you don't roast the tires off the line when pulling stuff. Maybe that is what it is but I don't know if that applies to the Duramax. How are you trying to launch? Are you just letting off the brake and stomping the gas or are you holding the brake and revving it up a bit first? I know my truck launches MUCH better like that. I hold the brake and rev it up to about 2000-3000rpm and then floor it as I let off the brake. I assume that is generally how everyone here does it but just wanted to ask.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:43 PM

my dad has a 97 ford. he put in all Banks turbo stuff but its got so much power in it that it wheel hops. you might consider a torsion bar?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:14 PM

no it is not the turbo lag it is like the whole thing just hestitates and then its like ok he wants me to go, i lose time cause of that, what u think?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM

i'd say its the stock torque management thingy to keep you from snapping stuff in your axle, but you'd think the chip would've gotten rid of that... maybe it didn't though... it sounds like the computer is delaying the throttle response... i know mine does and it kills me

Old 07-17-2007, 05:47 PM

Even if you get a chip the torque management will be there as it has to be programmed out. I would think the duramax would have it s well, but I am not positive. Another fast way off the line is to hit the gas 50% then steadily, but quickly, roll it to the floor. It helps alot. If it works on the duramax then yes you have torque management.