Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Riverado

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Beginner
Default Riverado

Ok, Me again.
Started a new project. 09 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab Z-71 .
So far 6 in FabTech , 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, XD Wheels, Better Built SEC series black tool box, Westin Wade In-Channel Vent Visors, Rapid Hitch Adjustable Hitch.
Going to performance mods now, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Parts coming - On the way :
Flo-Pro Super V Muffler, Single chamber, single 3" in/dual 2.5in out
(Ive been Pro Flo fan for years and NO they cant be flow master knock offs. Ive tried Flowmasters dual chamber then Flo Pro on same truck. Flo Pro ROcks. I can send sound clip/vid of my 05 with flo pro 2 chamber single in/ dual out).
Flo-Pro 2 1/4 to 3 in Black Powder Coated Tips.

Attached Thumbnails Riverado-riverado-side1.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Beginner

Exhaust is ordered.
Also on the way:
1. Airaid 201-796 Airaid Jr Kit with intake tube and SynthaMax Oil-less filter.
I didnt want the cold air intake kit (exposed filter) because of the chance of water entering intake. Ive blown 3 spark plugs out of a motor before. OOOPS !
2. Airaid Poweraid Throttle body spacer. part number 200-617 .

Old 03-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Beginner

About to order - input wanted :
Bully Dog GT Gas Programmer part # 40410
Bully Dog 33307 A-Pillar with tweeter hole
Bully Dog 30420 T-Slot Adapter
SEM Paints ABS paint prep/primer/paint to repaint the Bully Dog A-pillar to lt titanium.

What ya think ?
I'm debating the Superchips Vivid android based tuner. I know the android operating system pretty darn good from tuning/rooting cell phones.
The Vivid Looks and sounds awesome but, Do I want the phone looking control box ( has to have separate charger like a cell phone). You can purchase just the Bluetooth dongle and use your current phone with the Vivid app. Hummmm.
Thinking my phone gets enough attention as it is.
Ive found a really good deal on the Bully Dog ($319)

Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Beginner

Id go with bully dog in my opinion, ive debated on running their programmer on my 6.0 chevy 2500 for awhile but i havent seen the results in person. But i have heard nothing but good results from both brands. Also let me know how that intake and throttle body spacer is on your truck id like to run that exact set up on mine to. By the way man the truck looks and sounds bad *** with everything your doing to it.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Beginner
Cool

Originally Posted by 08AllTerrain
Id go with bully dog in my opinion, ive debated on running their programmer on my 6.0 chevy 2500 for awhile but i havent seen the results in person. But i have heard nothing but good results from both brands. Also let me know how that intake and throttle body spacer is on your truck id like to run that exact set up on mine to. By the way man the truck looks and sounds bad *** with everything your doing to it.
Thanks.
Ill post pics/vid when I get exhaust and intake installed.
Ordering Bully Dog GT 40410 Tuner, 33307 A-Pillar and gauge pod adapter on Monday.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Beginner

Installed the Airaid Throttle body Spacer and Airaid Jr Kit ( Intake tube and new oil less filter for factory box).
Simple install, done in 37 minutes. I havent had time to do any testing. Drove about 6 miles, what a difference in low end torque . The sound is awesome too. Not too loud , but, what a difference.
Exhaust parts are in, might install this weekend.
Bully Dog Next.