Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Roller Rockers worth it?? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/roller-rockers-worth-4274/)

07_Bowtie 08-27-2007 01:22 PM

RE: Roller Rockers worth it??

Southbay the price is $389.99 for the old man truck cam. If u look at the link I provided earlier it is this # 99-TR214/220-115+2for the cam I am looking at.

SouthBayZ71 08-27-2007 01:54 PM

I'll try giving them a call later on and see if we can work out something ...I'll PM you.

Where in CA are you? I'm up in San Jose.

72charger 08-27-2007 06:14 PM

If it is so hard to pass smog inspection, why aren't you guys spending more time looking for ways to make your trucks better at cleaning your exhaust rather than pushing it closer to the limit of the smog restriction?

SouthBayZ71 08-27-2007 06:43 PM

The whole point of every person on this forum is to push our trucks to perform in a way that the manufacturer didn't intend on their production vehicles -whether to make it faster, to lift it, to lower it, etc.. We find something that we want to accomplish and bring it to the boards to discuss how to make it happen. Unlike yourself, everyone is respectful and doesn't call peoples ideas stupid. Those kind of people belong on fullsizechevy.com. Even if we find the person's statement idiotic, we just hit back and read another post.

jcbst12 08-27-2007 08:02 PM

I'm raising my hand on the idiotic statement remark. Lol. That sounds like the perfect advertisment. Read it out loud then have TruckForums.com flash across the screen.

72charger 08-27-2007 09:36 PM

Dude, my last post was not an attack. I'm merely suggesting Cali people (and anyone else in smog restricted states) that are trying to add performance enhancements to their truckshould probably also spend some time researching ways to overcome the smog coming out of their engine, rather than just pushing it to the limit and just stopping there. Surely with a little online research, one could find ways of making their vehicle better at removing harmful toxins from their exhaust system. Whether that be running an extra catalytic converter or getting a much larger more efficient catalytic converter or something else that we don't know about. I don't live in a smog restrictive state so I don't have to worry about it but if I lived somewhere like Cali, I'd be putting some effort into making sure I could pass smog tests and still pull everything out of my engine that I could as money permits.

stopspazinout 08-27-2007 09:50 PM

dude i dont think hes tryin to go crazy with it. i think he just wants to get everything he can out of it without yanking all of his emissions out so he can pass their strict emissions tests.

07_Bowtie 08-28-2007 03:25 AM

ORIGINAL: stopspazinout

dude i dont think hes tryin to go crazy with it. i think he just wants to get everything he can out of it without yanking all of his emissions out so he can pass their strict emissions tests.
Well said that is exactly what I am trying to do. If I could put in a monster of a cam I would do it.

SouthBayZ71 08-28-2007 09:33 AM

I was talking to my cousin last night ... he has two different tunes ...one for smog and the other for the rest of the time. This guy actually removes all his mods about a month before smog testing time, pops in the other tune and gets it tested..then puts everything back.

Sounds like too much work to me. lol

72charger 08-28-2007 06:20 PM

A LOT of people with Conquest TSIs in Cali do that. That is very common but like you said, that's a lot of work. Course it's only once a year. Problem with that is you cannot undo big mods like engine internals and turbos.