Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious need of a tune up.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Default RE: Serious need of a tune up.

I did the LTFT "dial in" and got my truck to about the same range as yours. So now my injector slope is -2, which mean its getting more gpm of fuel. I followed Mikels' idea and backed the PE to -2 to compensate for the added fuel so it doesn't "drown" when you romp the pedal. So far so good. Basically you either need to balance the PE with the injector slope (-2 for -2, -3 for -3, etc) or you need to monitor KR and LTFT during WOT. I choose the "balance method" because I only have one point left on my license so no WOT runs for me anytime soon.

You will notice your truck will pull hills, merge into traffic, and pass better without getting into the higher rpms. I actually made it all the way home from work without crossing 2K rpms before. (Grandma driving but still)

Next idea is getting the transmission timing right. I have my RPM vs TP (I think thats what its called) cranked up so it holds gears longer but I am going to try and knock that back down to see if I can increase my city driving mpgs.

What did you change on the transmission so far? Is it periodically shifting hard or all the time? Is it shifting too hard?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 PM

nah, I actually brought the firmness way down and I need to raise it back up some because its not hitting hard enough for my taste at wot. What aggrivates me is I can set it to shift hard only at wot and soft at part throttle and its fine until I go wot. Once I go wot it shifts hard all the time(even at part or hardly any throttle). If I shut the truck off and open the door to completely turn off the computer it will shift normal again until I go wot.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 AM

You need the Trans Fix from them. You have to send them your tune via email and they will send you a fix.

Bad news: you need a power adapter, serial cable, interface and it takes awhile to get the fix.

Good News: it works and its free!

This will prevent your trans from shifting hard no matter what you do to your tune with the TQM. But you might have to modify the pressures to suit your tastes again.