Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Silverado Mode Door Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Beginner
Default Silverado Mode Door Actuator

Hey guys I just recently gutted my 2004 chevy silverado to replace some interior stuff and clean it. I never messed with the electrical besides disconnecting the battery. While putting everything back together I decided to check all of my HVAC system components to make sure that they work. Well sure enough my mode door will only blow on defrost. I replaced the actuator and controller and the issue is still there I also tried this HVAC reset below.

"Turn your truck off and put the blower motor switch on 0(blower motor off), temperature on cold, and the position on your face. Remove the fuse and wait for one minute. After 1 min. reinstall fuse and turn the key to the run position but do not start the truck. So basically the second click on the ignition. Once you do this you should hear the doors the HVAC module moving. Wait atleast 3 min. After that time, turn the key off then start the engine. Everything should go back to normal"

This fix did not work. All of the doors rotate fine and all my gears are good. I checked all of the electrical as well and put a volt meter on all of my leads and am getting the same voltage on this actuator as my other actuators. I am about to take it into a mechanic to have the hole system reprogrammed because that is the only thing left but before I do is there anything else I should try? Any help is appreciated thanks.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:53 AM
Administrator

I wish I could be of more help...

I've had this issue a few times but it was always a stripped gear or a dislodged door... Since you've ruled that and a lot of other things out, I'm not sure where to steer you other than to a mechanic

Old 08-22-2016, 11:42 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by GMCSierraFan
I wish I could be of more help...

I've had this issue a few times but it was always a stripped gear or a dislodged door... Since you've ruled that and a lot of other things out, I'm not sure where to steer you other than to a mechanic
No worries thanks! I figured it out the circuit board on the new one was bad so I did a factory reset then combined the old one and new one to make a working one with new gears and now she works great!

Old 08-24-2016, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Great!

Thanks for posting! This helps out anyone else that comes to the site and searches for something similar.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by GMCSierraFan
Great!

Thanks for posting! This helps out anyone else that comes to the site and searches for something similar.
Of course! Thanks for the replies.