Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Silverado Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Default Silverado Racing

Any good racing stories? Hell any good stories you've had with your truck? Done anything crazy with it? Post it here

Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Default RE: Silverado Racing

I raced and smaoked my boss's viper. he never had a chance. We lined up in the parking lot and I got on it! it was like he was standing still.

it probably wasn't fair that it was parked and he wasn't in it tho. I can't even beat my self in this truck!HAHAHAHA

Old 11-12-2007, 09:37 PM

You could murder new V6 Dakotas for one

Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 PM

I think i could do alright with the mods I've done but the problem is, I can't really find anyone to race like i could in the mustang.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 PM

1fast4x4 will be here soon .

All my stories involve imports with bright, ugly paint jobs, neon ground effect kits, fart-can exhaust and nothing else. They always pull up to me and turn on their hair dryer (rev their ...*cough cough* engine) ....I always have them by the end of the intersection.

Like I mentioned on the other board before ...imagine their faces when they get smoked by a crew cab. lol

Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Not my current truck, but....
I have an 87 toyota p/u with an 1984 Camaro 305 and 700R4. I was heading home after working late one night. Two exits from home there is a popular spot for 5-0 to hang out during rush hour. Seeing I was running behind my normal schedule I assumed they were no longer there. At 80 mph in a 65 I discovered I was wrong. My initial response was to let off the gas. Then, looking in my rear view at the lights and dust cloud kicked up by the pursuing officer, I was amazed to see a tractor trailer in the fast lane inadvertently blocking the cruiser from entering the interstate. In a rush of adrenaline and an overwhelming surge of stupidity I floored it. I had +/-100 yards on him when he finally made it to the asphalt. I was traveling 70, he no more than 45. As the motor wound out to 5 grand and I shifted to 3rd at 90 mph I was screaming with excitement or panic, not sure to this day which one it was. I crested the only hill for 5 miles in either direction willing the truck to sprout wings as the officer was just beginning the climb. Half mile to exit. The speedo only reads to 120. I'm still in 3rd gear just past the 120 mark when I recall a valuable piece of information a friend relayed to me only days before, "The 700R4 doesn't have a full throttle upshift for overdrive." If I don't go faster the cop will come over the hill before I make my exit. If I take the next exit, 4 miles away, he will catch me. Backing out of the gas I feel the tranny shift into 4th. For the longest 1/2 mile I have ever driven I played my foot in a grey area of accelerating in 4th and shifting down to third. Somehow I managed to make the exit. The rest of the ride home was through the rear view mirror.
I never had the truck to 138 mph again (based on tire height, final gear, and RPM). With the aerodynamics of a barn door it was stroke of luck that I was running downhill.
Disclaimer - I do not condone the evasion of LEOs!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:46 PM

I bet! They're pissed when they are smoked by mine, an extended cab would really add to that! After I get a new front bumper airdamn and alignment I got a few challenges at work to settle. A 300ZX, a V6 civic, and a VERY modded small civic. I'm favored over the 300 and V6, but it's a toss up with the heavy mod. I won't have the month till I get my new clutch so I'll be getting killed at the dig more than likley but own from 30 rolls on up. Should have video too, hope to do Silverado's proud!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:47 PM

If you listen closely a WOT/shift/WOT on a ricer with a coffee can sounds alot like a screaming baby. That's the sound of a car loosing.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:51 PM

i beat a 5.3 z71 (i mean, i guess i should, but it was a buddy so i to this day have bragging rights), several ricer cars, and a ragged out v6 mustang...

i love pulling up on ricers who are trying to act cool and then absolutely embarassing them in front of their girlfriends...

im in a off-road truck club in my hometown and there's a import car club called "shift_" (nissan commercial anyone?)... anyway, we have an ongoing feud with them and we can beat several of their civics with my truck and my buddies lightly modded 6.0... we're still working on how to beat the engine-swapped integra, supercharged civic, and ultra-modded some kind of honda...

Old 11-12-2007, 09:52 PM

Let the air out of thier tires.

Quick Reply: Silverado Racing