Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Spray in bed liner - which one? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/spray-bed-liner-one-421/)

sleighdriver 08-09-2005 02:22 PM

Spray in bed liner - which one?

Is there any difference in spray in bed liners? For instance, Line-x claims their product is superior to soft spray in liners. Are they refering to Rhino liners? Please post your experiences with spray in bed liners of any brand. I'm planning on getting my truck done and am hoping for the best choice available. Thanks!

Whit Lightening 08-14-2005 02:09 PM

RE: Spray in bed liner - which one?

Id say Rhino or Herculiner

kdirectorate 08-17-2005 05:13 PM

I'm about to get one myself. From what I have seen, Line-X looks the best over time. I think most of them come with a vehicle-lifetime gaurantee. Some Line-X dealers are now offering a clearcoat option that keeps the liner looking "wet" at all times without leaving that greasy film behind. The shop that I know of that offers this is called Bedliners Plus in Orange County. If you're out of the area, check them out anyway for research purposes.

sleighdriver 08-21-2005 06:58 PM

Kdirectorate,

Thanks I appreciate the info! A friend of mine recently got the Line-x liner and is happy with it so far. He mentioned they (Line-x dealer) offered some kind of sun screen which will somehow prevent fading. He was told these spray in liners have a tendancy to fade to a grayish color. Is that what you were referring to when you mentioned the clear coat? He declined it as I think it was another $140 or something like that.

kdirectorate 08-24-2005 12:40 PM

Sounds like the same thing. The place I checkd out said it would be an extra $100-125. It could be a deal depending on how long you plan to own the vehicle ...or if you still care how 'pretty' your truck is after 5 more years. They also offer colors for the spray-in liners, which could make fading moot if you're into that sort of thing.

greydemon 09-11-2005 05:39 PM

i have rhino liner in my truck and my brother has linex in his, in the end they are both top of the line spray in bed liner and i do believe they both offer lifetime warranty and both offer a spray that will restore that new look when your liner begins to fade, either way you go your making a good choice

alumawerx 09-18-2005 09:30 PM

line x has been extreemly durable so far and i aint been easy on it ........im a contractor

skymangs 10-17-2005 04:35 AM

Check out Durabak... www.durabak.com

I've been really happy with it, and at $99/gal it is a pretty good deal.

LivnLrg 10-18-2005 07:30 PM

Warranty: Rhino's is lifetime but only with the dealer that sprayed it. Line-X's is a nationwide lifetime warranty. (Any dealer will fix it.)

Product: Rhino is 100% polyurethane. Line-X is polyurethane and polyurea. Line-X is harder but has more than double the tear strength of Rhino.

Fading: Rhino has a topcoat called Rhino Shine. It must be periodically reapplied. LINE-X has two one-time application products, Ultra Shield and Xtra. Xtra costs more because it has Kevlar and it actually migrates into the bedliner.

Herculiner, Durabak, Duplicolor: All are solvent based polyurethanes. None of them have the durability or strength of the professional stuff.

nick 11-01-2005 05:49 PM

i think it also depends on who sprays it. i have a rhino liner and the guy kinda sprayed it too thick and its clumpy in some spots and too smooth in others. it has torn in two places. oh well...

tflessner 02-27-2006 05:20 PM

I personally went with a spray in bed liner called "Speedliner". www.speedliner.com I love it and it matches my paint perfectly with their topcoat system and it still looks the same as when I got it sprayed on two years ago. It's been tested to have a very high tear strength and it's held up great in my truck with the abuse out on our farm.

I did alot of research on the spray on liners before I did this and it seemed like Speedliner was the best all around product in terms of fade resistance and strength. Rhino and Line-X are certainly the most well-known brands out there. Line-X only came in black? (don't know if that's still true?) and was a harder material which I thought might be more slippery, especially when wet? I liked the Rhino texture but have had friends who had this sprayed on and it was faded and chalky within a year?

Just don't put the drop in liners in or do the DIY stuff like Herculiner, it won't hold up nearly as well. Go with the good stuff!

8MYCASH 03-10-2006 04:50 AM

Line-x hands down. I know of 4 Rhino lined trucks that have chipped after heavy usage. Both companies can color match if you so choose. For the money you will spend, Line-x is the better investment

milkdud32 04-03-2006 03:45 AM

I am the opposite on this. I know this is an old post, but what the hell. I went with the Rhino Liner because the friends I know with Line ex have had nothing but problems. It really depends on the installer though. I have had mine for two years, and it hasn't faded, chipped or torn, and I use it and abuse it all the time. So it really depends on who puts it in. I agree that the sunscreen is a must with a Rhinoliner, unless you want to have it recoated every couple of years.

FirstinFireman 04-04-2006 12:54 AM

I also have the Line-X, and am totally happy with it. I have had all kinds of heavy stuff in the back of my truck, and not one chip yet. I have heard a few stories that people have had issues with some of the lesser known products, so I would spend the extra $$$ and get it done right the first time. Just my .02

-DD

Chewy 07-02-2006 05:40 AM

it depends on what's available in your area, I am in the San Jose, CA area and at the chevy dealership I work at I have used them all, and by far the best one we have had, and now only use is "spray on bedliners" http://www.sprayonbedliners.com/ the regular one is the thickest I have ever seen, plus they offer a construction grade liner. and the installation looks nicer that anyone elses ive seen, they do a great job masking.

bignn 10-27-2006 06:52 AM

speedliner never fades

99z71325ci 12-24-2006 05:09 PM

i have a rhino bed liner and it sucks, seems to keep things like logs in place but its ripped in places and they did a horible job putting it in, guy said they would sand the pain in my bed so the stuff would stick and well it peeled and there shined my stock clear coat and paint.i hear alot of good things about linex tho.

smoke20 12-25-2006 12:28 AM

From what I have heard line-X and Rhino are similar and both wear out if they are rubbed against themselves or similar material. Also I think they expect people to sell their trucks before they wear out liner. I have one from a local company that is holding up great so far. I will find out who makes it and repost. It is very hard and doesn't hold tool boxes and such without moving as well as line-x and rhino as it is not as soft but seems much more durable.

00_slammmed 12-27-2006 02:35 AM

line-x all the way my uncle is a contractor and baets the **** out of his and its still holding up after 2.5 years

smoke20 12-27-2006 10:39 PM

The one I got is by "liquid metal".

brad4246 02-09-2012 07:20 PM

2 - I know Rhino and Line-X are good, but they are just too expensive for me. I used creative coating services for my truck bed and it has been 5 years as a construction worker and that stuff is just tough! I had rhino on a silverado before and after about 2-3 years it was peeling off and scratching. Plus the lifetime warranty was transferrable so it upps the value of my truck when I plan to sell it in a few months. Seems like they do pretty well though at creative coating services. There was a 2 week waiting list. Still...good, quality stuff and would recommend them to anyone.

LivnLrg 02-10-2012 02:32 PM

LINE-X is more expensive because it's the best. You can't buy a Lexus at a Kia price.