Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Spray in bed liner - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Default Spray in bed liner - which one?

Is there any difference in spray in bed liners? For instance, Line-x claims their product is superior to soft spray in liners. Are they refering to Rhino liners? Please post your experiences with spray in bed liners of any brand. I'm planning on getting my truck done and am hoping for the best choice available. Thanks!

Old 08-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Default RE: Spray in bed liner - which one?

Id say Rhino or Herculiner

Old 08-17-2005, 05:13 PM

I'm about to get one myself. From what I have seen, Line-X looks the best over time. I think most of them come with a vehicle-lifetime gaurantee. Some Line-X dealers are now offering a clearcoat option that keeps the liner looking "wet" at all times without leaving that greasy film behind. The shop that I know of that offers this is called Bedliners Plus in Orange County. If you're out of the area, check them out anyway for research purposes.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:58 PM

Kdirectorate,

Thanks I appreciate the info! A friend of mine recently got the Line-x liner and is happy with it so far. He mentioned they (Line-x dealer) offered some kind of sun screen which will somehow prevent fading. He was told these spray in liners have a tendancy to fade to a grayish color. Is that what you were referring to when you mentioned the clear coat? He declined it as I think it was another $140 or something like that.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Sounds like the same thing. The place I checkd out said it would be an extra $100-125. It could be a deal depending on how long you plan to own the vehicle ...or if you still care how 'pretty' your truck is after 5 more years. They also offer colors for the spray-in liners, which could make fading moot if you're into that sort of thing.

Old 09-11-2005, 05:39 PM

i have rhino liner in my truck and my brother has linex in his, in the end they are both top of the line spray in bed liner and i do believe they both offer lifetime warranty and both offer a spray that will restore that new look when your liner begins to fade, either way you go your making a good choice

Old 09-18-2005, 09:30 PM

line x has been extreemly durable so far and i aint been easy on it ........im a contractor

Old 10-17-2005, 04:35 AM

Check out Durabak... www.durabak.com

I've been really happy with it, and at $99/gal it is a pretty good deal.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Beginner

Warranty: Rhino's is lifetime but only with the dealer that sprayed it. Line-X's is a nationwide lifetime warranty. (Any dealer will fix it.)

Product: Rhino is 100% polyurethane. Line-X is polyurethane and polyurea. Line-X is harder but has more than double the tear strength of Rhino.

Fading: Rhino has a topcoat called Rhino Shine. It must be periodically reapplied. LINE-X has two one-time application products, Ultra Shield and Xtra. Xtra costs more because it has Kevlar and it actually migrates into the bedliner.

Herculiner, Durabak, Duplicolor: All are solvent based polyurethanes. None of them have the durability or strength of the professional stuff.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:49 PM

i think it also depends on who sprays it. i have a rhino liner and the guy kinda sprayed it too thick and its clumpy in some spots and too smooth in others. it has torn in two places. oh well...

Quick Reply: Spray in bed liner - which one?