Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spray in bed liner - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Default RE: Spray in bed liner - which one?

I personally went with a spray in bed liner called "Speedliner". www.speedliner.com I love it and it matches my paint perfectly with their topcoat system and it still looks the same as when I got it sprayed on two years ago. It's been tested to have a very high tear strength and it's held up great in my truck with the abuse out on our farm.

I did alot of research on the spray on liners before I did this and it seemed like Speedliner was the best all around product in terms of fade resistance and strength. Rhino and Line-X are certainly the most well-known brands out there. Line-X only came in black? (don't know if that's still true?) and was a harder material which I thought might be more slippery, especially when wet? I liked the Rhino texture but have had friends who had this sprayed on and it was faded and chalky within a year?

Just don't put the drop in liners in or do the DIY stuff like Herculiner, it won't hold up nearly as well. Go with the good stuff!

Old 03-10-2006, 04:50 AM

Line-x hands down. I know of 4 Rhino lined trucks that have chipped after heavy usage. Both companies can color match if you so choose. For the money you will spend, Line-x is the better investment

Old 04-03-2006, 03:45 AM

I am the opposite on this. I know this is an old post, but what the hell. I went with the Rhino Liner because the friends I know with Line ex have had nothing but problems. It really depends on the installer though. I have had mine for two years, and it hasn't faded, chipped or torn, and I use it and abuse it all the time. So it really depends on who puts it in. I agree that the sunscreen is a must with a Rhinoliner, unless you want to have it recoated every couple of years.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:54 AM

I also have the Line-X, and am totally happy with it. I have had all kinds of heavy stuff in the back of my truck, and not one chip yet. I have heard a few stories that people have had issues with some of the lesser known products, so I would spend the extra $$$ and get it done right the first time. Just my .02

-DD

Old 07-02-2006, 05:40 AM

it depends on what's available in your area, I am in the San Jose, CA area and at the chevy dealership I work at I have used them all, and by far the best one we have had, and now only use is "spray on bedliners" http://www.sprayonbedliners.com/ the regular one is the thickest I have ever seen, plus they offer a construction grade liner. and the installation looks nicer that anyone elses ive seen, they do a great job masking.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:52 AM

speedliner never fades

Old 12-24-2006, 05:09 PM

i have a rhino bed liner and it sucks, seems to keep things like logs in place but its ripped in places and they did a horible job putting it in, guy said they would sand the pain in my bed so the stuff would stick and well it peeled and there shined my stock clear coat and paint.i hear alot of good things about linex tho.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:28 AM

From what I have heard line-X and Rhino are similar and both wear out if they are rubbed against themselves or similar material. Also I think they expect people to sell their trucks before they wear out liner. I have one from a local company that is holding up great so far. I will find out who makes it and repost. It is very hard and doesn't hold tool boxes and such without moving as well as line-x and rhino as it is not as soft but seems much more durable.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:35 AM

line-x all the way my uncle is a contractor and baets the **** out of his and its still holding up after 2.5 years

Old 12-27-2006, 10:39 PM

The one I got is by "liquid metal".

Quick Reply: Spray in bed liner - which one?