Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Spray-on Bedliner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Default Spray-on Bedliner Questions

I just bought my first truck last week. It is an '03 Chevy Silverado Regular Cab Long bed. 4.8L V8. It came with a factory drop-in bedliner.
I was thinking about getting a Spray-on bedliner put on the truck. Since it is my first truck, I don't know much about bedliners. I was wondering if anyone out there knows around how much it costs to get something like this done.
I'm looking to getthe bed, tailgate, and rails sprayed. Also, I'm not sure if I should go with Line-X or Rhino.
Also, I'm not sure what the condition of the bed is underneath the factory drop-in. If it is in bad shape, will this affect the price or their ability to spray on the bedliner?

Thanks to anyone who posts!!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Spray-on Bedliner Questions

Look at the post "spray in bedliner - which one" on page 2. There is alot of info there. As far as cost you could be looking at $400-$600 depending on the condition of your bed. You may save some money doing the prep work yourself.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:04 PM

I have never heard of line-x.

But I own an 03 short wheel base and just got it rhino lined. Looks good and works great. No problems so far. Only took the guy like 5 hrs. and I had my truck back. There is a lifetime warranty if you ever scratch it or scuff some of it off so they will repair it for free.

As for the condition of yourtruck bed I do not know. If we are talkin minor scuffs and scratches should be fine. My boss had a dent in his tailgate and they just covered it up and leveled it out to match so if there are dents this might not bea problem but that would be something to ask your local dealer.

A longbed should shoot you $450-$550 any higher the guy is probably trying tomake a little extra on his side.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:12 PM

The day after I picked up my '04 Z71 I had the bed, rails and tailgate Line-Xed. Terrific. THEN I installed a drop-in rubber mat which has "stiction", keep boxes from sliding around (easily). My truck lives in a place where water under the rubber is a non-issue: San Felipe, Baja CA, Mexico.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:48 PM

I have my truck rhino lined and I love it. But let me tell ya, it is quite expensive!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Yeah it's a little expensive but well worth it. Especialy since you get the life time warranty with rhino. Glad to here you went with rhino been using mine and has shown no problems.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:09 PM

You are right bro, it is worth every penny. I believe with some things, you really get what you pay for.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:03 PM

The drawback on spray/roll on is at trade in time they will deduct for it not being factory.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:02 PM

personnelly id go with the rhino liner and its worth every penny to a brand new truck

Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM

DO NOT GET RHINO LINER i have one it in my bed and over the rails, its soft and tears easy. its keeping my canoey/camper shell from rubbing the paint on my bed rails.....thats about it. thetailgate wouldent even close unless i slamed it. and im not a small guy.

Quick Reply: Spray-on Bedliner Questions